Help clearify - Pardini SP New Muzzle Weight Assembly

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
misterio2008

Help clearify - Pardini SP New Muzzle Weight Assembly

Post by misterio2008 »

Hi everyone!
I'm in the process of buying a new Pardini SP New and when I was at the dealer I didn't pay much attention to the front of the pistol - I just can't recall the shape of the muzzle assembly. I'm under impression that the nose of the pistol I'm getting is just flat as opposed to having "sideburns" like the one in the attached picture.

Are there any SP NEW's that come with completely flat nose or is it just my imagination playing tricks on me?

Please, help me clear my doubts.
Attachments
pardinisp_2.jpg
Mike Taylor

SP new

Post by Mike Taylor »

"Sideburns" it is. An aluminum shroud surrounding the barrel, it contains six sets of springs and weights that can be 'adjusted' to alter the recoil characteristic of the pistol. As viewed from the front, the width of the shroud is 35 mm. The sweep or sideburn portion that extends back beneath the cocking ears is probably just for 'style'.
jipe

Post by jipe »

The old model had a more flat nose assembly.

The RF version has an even bigger/wider nose assembly.

There is also a version with the same shape for the nose assembly but where the flat sides of this nose assembly are silver color (anodized aluminium) instead of black. I think that this one is technically identical to the one with black sides.
misterio2008

Post by misterio2008 »

jipe, old version like this: http://www.pishtov.com/Pardini/Pardini_SP.jpg?

Could you post a pic of RF version assembly?
jipe

Post by jipe »

Yes, thats the previous model. As you can see, the muzzle assembly is different but also the trigger.

There was even an older one.

To see the current models go on: http://www.pardini.it

Some pictures:
The SP new:
RF
misterio2008

Post by misterio2008 »

Hard to tell the difference between SP and SP RF. :-( I can see that RF's assembly is a bit longer, but can't tell how wide it is. I'll take your word for it.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Interesting that all the springs appear to be the same (about 5 turns and the same pitch and gauge). I would have expected some variation to avoid harmonics - but then the 'slugs' might be of differing weights. The pic might just have them staggered for illustrative intent.

Spencer
jipe

Post by jipe »

misterio2008 wrote:Hard to tell the difference between SP and SP RF. :-( I can see that RF's assembly is a bit longer, but can't tell how wide it is. I'll take your word for it.
Differences are not so big and not visible: the slugs are heavier and in another material (Wolfram I think), slight differences on the barrel, grip, trigger, slide.
misterio2008

Post by misterio2008 »

jipe, what your wrote is rather confussing. If the differences are not big and not visible, then how can you say that: "The RF version has an even bigger/wider nose assembly"? You're contradicting yourself!
jipe

Post by jipe »

misterio2008 wrote:jipe, what your wrote is rather confussing. If the differences are not big and not visible, then how can you say that: "The RF version has an even bigger/wider nose assembly"? You're contradicting yourself!
Sorry, its an english mistake, I had to write heavier. The tungsten weights make the muzzle assembly more heavy. The SP new is already more noze heavy than the previous version, the RF is even more.