Palm Rest

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

K38

Palm Rest

Post by K38 »

Does anyone use a palm rest for standing anymore, or are most shooters just using a riser block under the forend?

Dwight
benchrest

Post by benchrest »

Where I shoot it seems the older shooters use palm rest. Most of them grew up under NRA rules. The younger folks who grew up under international rules don't. And needless to say the junior shooters don't.
methosb

Post by methosb »

I use one. Wouldn't like to imagine how heavy a riser block would be if it was big enough to go down as far as my palm rest :/
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I switched from a palm rest to my fist with a heavy glove in NRA competititon. I liked the lower position.
I used my fist without the glove on my .280 in a turkey shoot and received a lot of attention from the non-competition shooters when I took home the "bacon". I often wondered how many I converted.
Ben
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

I use a palm rest, because I don't use a fist, but I have shorter arms and a longer neck/shoulders, so I can't get it up high enough otherwise. I wish I could use a riser block as I feel I have more control the closer I get to rifle's COG, but its not feasible at regulation height.