Scuba Tank Adapter.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ScottT

Scuba Tank Adapter.

Post by ScottT »

Hi,

Can anyone advise me what type of adapter I need to fill my air pistol from a SCUBA tank?

Can anyone recommend an online store to purchase this from for shipping to Australia?

Cheers
Scott
RobStubbs

Re: Scuba Tank Adapter.

Post by RobStubbs »

ScottT wrote:Hi,

Can anyone advise me what type of adapter I need to fill my air pistol from a SCUBA tank?

Can anyone recommend an online store to purchase this from for shipping to Australia?

Cheers
Scott
Scott,
They are specific to the gun you have. Most come with the gun and screw directly into the dive bottle. I would imagine our hosts would be able to supply you with what you are after.

Rob.
David Levene

Re: Scuba Tank Adapter.

Post by David Levene »

ScottT wrote:Hi,

Cheers
Scott
You might be talking about this adaptor that you can get from Potter Firearms in Brisbane.

Hope this helps.
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

Thanks David,

I did see that adapter, but the price worried me a little.

I was hoping to find something a little more price friendly.

Cheers
Scott
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

ScottT wrote:I was hoping to find something a little more price friendly.
Have you tried asking the shop where you get the tank filled how much it would cost to change the valve to a DIN 232 Bar one (you could even get one with a built in gauge). Your gun's adaptor would probably just screw straight in.
jimsoars

Post by jimsoars »

I just went through this. If your tank does not have the DIN connector on it, then it probably needs a Yoke to Din Connector. I tried buying one on ebay, but they acturally wound up selling for more than you can buy one for. I fnally wound up buying the adapter from Leisurepro.com: http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUDRC.html

Also knowing that shipping might be expensive, as suggested above, most good dive shops can put a DIN valve in for a bit more money. It was about $120 US here to change the valve.

I don't have a gauge on the tank, but the gauge on my cylinder lets me know the pressure.
Jim
Misny

Post by Misny »

ScottT,

Go to the www.pilkguns.com and click the tab at the top entitled "Safety". There is an excellent article about compressed air. If you have a K valve, as commonly found in the U.S. on your scuba tank, you will need the "collar" that will convert it to a DIN valve fitting. You can get one of these from Pilkington...that's what I did!
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

Thansk for all of your advice, especially the Pilkguns article.

I know what I need to find now.

Cheers
Scott
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

I have purchased the adapter from our host.

I also added a Gripmaster to my order to have a play with.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Cheers
Scott