Equipment case recommendations?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

WarWagon

Equipment case recommendations?

Post by WarWagon »

Can anyone recommend any less costly alternatives to the Pelican cases to wheel around (and fly with) my smallbore equipment? The old Creedmore bag with the shoulder straps just doesn't do it for me anymore, and I'd prefer a solid box. Needs to be big enough to carry spotting scope, offhand stand, boots, ammo, jacket/pants, and all of the other typical essentials.
squiggly007

Post by squiggly007 »

the Hardigg stormcases are the best out there at the moment. Better than the pelicans because of the superior latches but worth every penny. The IM3300 for the rifle and I use the IM2975 for my equipment (everything fits perfectly)
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

I wish I could afford a Hardigg, but $300 is way out of my range at the moment. Looking for a less expensive alternative.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

WarWagon, I know this really isn't the reply you will be wanting but I would really spend a few dollars and get the pelican, or another similar box that will last a lifetime. For my my Pelican 1650 hard case for storing all my gear (it fits everything perfectly inlcluding jacket, pants, boots, mat, stands, spotting scope, etc). has been the best investment I have made. Although it is a bit heavy (we get dinged $40 here in Canada for having more than 50lbs of gear) it works great. At the airports it has weighed in at around 93lbs, so I would have to pay the fee anway. It has worked great and I would definatley reccomend getting it. When you are transporting thousands of dollars worth of gear it is worth getting something that you are confident in and know that when you get to your destination your gear will be O.K. I know people who use suitcases, etc but I don't think I would have the same confidence in a suitcase. If there are other alternatives to hard cases they may be worth having a look at but for my my pelican cases have withstood everything that has been thrown at them.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

WarWagon .... I agreed with Jordan F. ... Get a good case & have no worries.

I order my pelican Cases from 4LessDepot
I order the Storm cases from BoTach Tactical
Google searches will find them. Pretty good prices and decent shipping

If you have access to High density foam, sometimes you can order the case w/o foam and cut your own .... you're gonna cut a custom fit anyway