Shooters needed for postal matches

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bill177

Shooters needed for postal matches

Post by Bill177 »

Fall is nearly here, so it is time to start shooting in the bi-weekly and monthly postal matches at http://www.airguninfo.com/matchinfo.htm

These are easy to shoot matches that provide you with a means of tracking your progress. No prizes, no charges - just friendly competition.

Give it a try.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Bill 4,5 (grew up with decimals ;D))

We have here in Brazil, since mid '07, what we call "On Line Matches", run by the national shooting federation.

While the postal matches are for training and fun, (and I will participate into yours) these On Line are valid for the national ranking and definition of the national team.

So far, only air pistols and rifles, including open sighted rifles to bring these shooters into national competitions. The other modalities will be included as we train more people to run the matches.

The results are fed by internet to the national federation, who ranks and publishes the results as the match is progressing on open internet. At the range we have a TV showing the national results, received via internet on a second computer. This is bringing new people, atracted by the possibility of participating in national matches without travel costs, huge in Brazil.

The system is now stable and working well. We intend to include international competitions in this, but since it involves ISSF, some time will pass before that. But it would be nice to have an All Americas shoot out, with some adjustments in starting hours to compensate for the time zones.

Will try to bring more people into the Postal Matches.

Have fun.
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

I haven't been posting scores for a few months but I just did.
Jack Milchanowski

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

Just recently I posted scores for the first time. As a brand new AP shooter I appreciate the opportunity to be able to add a little "pressure" to my practice/training.

Come see us in the woods.
Jack
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

Only a few days left for the August match.
spacepilot

Post by spacepilot »

Dogchaser wrote:Only a few days left for the August match.
Doesn't an August match has to be shot in the month of August (although you have till September 5th to report the score)?

To Bill,

Thank you for hosting the postal matches. They have been beneficial to me. If you don't mind me asking, what is the relationship between the Bill Clarke that shoots 60-shot matches and the one that shoots 20-shot matches, if any.

Nick
Bill177

August match

Post by Bill177 »

That is correct - shoot in august for the August match. A few days grace is given for reporting the scores.