Will Martynov go for the prone gold?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Moushka

Will Martynov go for the prone gold?

Post by Moushka »

Hello,
I must confess that I would like to see tomorrow, that the prone gold will go to Martynov.

He stays 5 times in the worldrecord schedule with 600, but his best place in the Olympics was bronce.

He told me, that he cannot remember how often he shot the 600, but about 13 times.
Once he shot the maximum 3 times in a row.

By the way, did any of you notice his sling? The simplest thing I ever have seen.

Of course there are more shooters I grant the gold medal.:-)

Greetings from Germany

Ursula
methosb

Post by methosb »

Not if our Warren Potent has anything to do with it :P

Would love to see them battle it out for the medals though :)

Post by Guest »

Can someone tell me how Ned Gerard got a spot in the prone competition for the USA? I did not see his name on the official results from the Smallbore Olympic Trials in prone and he is currently "ranked" 54th on the USA Shooting National Ranking board. I had never heard of him until I saw his name in the competition (he finished 53rd).

On a side note, congrats Matt Emmons finishing 2nd in the qualification round of the prone event! Tough luck for Mike Anti finishing 9th but still a great effort.

Post by Guest »

Never mind the previous post. Ned Gerard gained a wild-card entry as a member of the U.S. Virgin Islands which I guess competes as part of the U.S. team. Good for him! I am friends with a shooter who also represented the Virgin Islands at the 1972 and 1976 games. Pretty tough to gain a wild-card entry but he earned it! Go Ned!
Guest100000

Gold medal!

Post by Guest100000 »

Go Phelps! (Sorry, wrong room... gotta cheer anyhow)
blg

Post by blg »

I agree guest 10000

Go Emmons[/b]
Moushka

Post by Moushka »

[quote="methosb"]Not if our Warren Potent has anything to do with it :P

Would love to see them battle it out for the medals though :)[/quote

You was right, your Warren Potent beat him!

But at least Martynov did the final.

Congratulations to Ayvazian, Emmons and Warren

It seems like difficult conditions, if we look the results.

Ursula