Need O ring source

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
cmj

Need O ring source

Post by cmj »

Help, need a source for the gas cylinder O ring for the Walther CPM-1 CO2 pistol. Looks like the old (current ?) Walther part number is W9817. Larry's Guns had the gas cylinder, but no O rings.
Thanks
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

If you don't mind paying $10.00 each, you can get o-rings from Earl's Repair Service, Inc.:

Earl's Repair Service, Inc.
437R Chandler Street
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Phone 978-851-2656
Fax: 978-851-9462
Hours M-F 9:30-6:30 Eastern

I think the number they are using now is 243 79 02, but the dimensions seem a bit small for my o-ring. They say 12mm x 2mm, whereas mine seem to be 13mm x 3mm. Maybe mine have expanded some...?

Take Care,
Ed Hall
Air Force Shooting Homepage
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
william

Post by william »

Look up a pneumatic tool repair shop. I've had very good luck finding just about any size imaginable at relatively low cost.

O ring

Post by Guest »

Try the importer Champions Choice
cmj

Post by cmj »

Thanks for the replys. I think the 3mm is probably correct. I have an old one and it is also 3mm, but seems bigger than 13mm. I don't know if measure the inside, outside or inside +outside. Will try all of above suggestions. mine seems to be (green) 3mm X 14mm with a shaft size of 14.45mm
ghilt

CPM-1 Gas Cylinder O-Ring

Post by ghilt »

Measured three of my CPM-1 cylinder O-Rings and come up with 20.0mm O.D., 14.0mm ID and a W of 3.0mm. The diagram for the CPM-1 which Walther/Earl's had posted in the past (no longer there!) listed the O-Ring, P/N 2459817 as 14X3. Go to the McMaster-Carr website and search for their P/N 9263K722. This is a black, viton material with a hardness of Shore A 75. Elsewhere on their website a discussion is made of metric O-Rings with a green color as being viton fabricated in Europe. Sure think urethane would be a more abrasive material but, can't find any metric O-Rings in urethane. Shore A of 75 is reasonably hard, probably a little softer than the OEM greenies, but for $7.06 for 10 (plus probably H & S and they may have a minimum order - shouldn't be too hard to find something else there) this will probably be a lifetime supply.
Best ever,
jmessina

o-rings

Post by jmessina »

Go to www.mcmaster.com. type in o rings for your search. They have every o ring made in their warehouse.
ghilt

O-Ring Selection

Post by ghilt »

Sorry, left out an important word --- urethane would be a more abrasive resistant material -----.[quote][/quote]