.32 Caliber Wadcutters

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Matt

Post by Matt »

Thank you one and all for the replies. We will be offering the .32-WCBB's in many sized diameters. Stay tuned for further announcements!

Matt Dardas
Dardas Cast Bullets
www.dardascastbullets.webs.com
IPshooter

Re: Bullet size

Post by IPshooter »

David Levene wrote:
JamesH wrote:If anything it would be + 0.0005 = 0.3145
Half a thou? Are you sure about that James?

Over the years I have seen many "top class" .32 barrels with 2-3 thou eccentricity. Would you work from the larger or smaller dimension.

Both of my FAS 603s had the normal .308 diameter. Mine were both actually selected barrels so were pretty concentric. They were both fed handloads with Lapua or Geco HBWC bullets in the .311-.313 range.
David,

Those were swaged bullets, correct?

Stan
David Levene

Re: Bullet size

Post by David Levene »

IPshooter wrote:
David Levene wrote:
JamesH wrote:If anything it would be + 0.0005 = 0.3145
Half a thou? Are you sure about that James?

Over the years I have seen many "top class" .32 barrels with 2-3 thou eccentricity. Would you work from the larger or smaller dimension.

Both of my FAS 603s had the normal .308 diameter. Mine were both actually selected barrels so were pretty concentric. They were both fed handloads with Lapua or Geco HBWC bullets in the .311-.313 range.
Those were swaged bullets, correct?
Yes they were, and were therefore probably quite soft.

My main point though was that half a thou on the bullet seems to be less than the "lack of roundness" (thinking about it I am not certain that eccentricity is the correct term) I have seen on normal target pistol barrels.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

a hard cast bullet should be .005" over bore size. Or maybe he said .0005
Of the two I would pick a 0.3145 bullet over a 0.319 in a 0.314 barrel.
Matt

Post by Matt »

We would like to let everyone know that we will be producing the .32 caliber/98 grain wadcutter bevel base bullet in approximately 1 month. The order was placed today for the custom moulds and sizer dies (0.312", 0.313 and 0.314). You'll be able to specify your preferred sized diameter when ordering. And, if you prefer, you will be able to order 100 packs of each diameter to try prior to ordering large quantities. Please keep in mind that these bullets will be 100% inspected prior to packaging. We want to insure that you are receiving the ultimate cast bullet for match competition.

We'll be posting when updates become available.

Matt Dardas
Dardas Cast Bullets
Matt

The .32 cal-98 grain Wadcutters Are Now Available!

Post by Matt »

As promised, we have received delivery and begun casting the .32 caliber - 98 grain wadcutters! Available sized diameters are 0.312", 0.313", and 0.314".

Matt
www.dardascastbullets.webs.com