MatchGuns worried over the low MG2 sales to this country !

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David Levene

Re: No personal issue

Post by David Levene »

MG2-owner wrote:
Anonymous wrote:OK MG2 owner we get the picture- you have a personal issue with a manufacturer. You should keep it between you and them. The forum owner Scott Pilkington is very good to let us have the space, please don't abuse the privilege for us all. Thank you.
I do not have an personal issue with any manufacturer. Have never met the folks of MG, never spoke to them, never mailed them.
That is probably why so few people have any sympathy for you. You just seem to want to complain about the gun but not do the most obvious thing to get it sorted out. Contact the manufacturer direct, but you will obviously have to give them your real identity.
EdStevens

Post by EdStevens »

So what - yawn - lots of smoke, not so much fire. Hammerli took 8 years to sort out the 280, and the SP20 is still not what was promised. Pardini had its shares of flops (remember the GPE?). Walther's SSP is a truly rare piece of work. FWB had problems with their AW93 barrels, Morini with the trigger of the CM22 (not to talk of the 102E, or the CM32), a FAS would work or would not with nothing in between, even Benelli produced some MP90's that won't shoot. Not to speak of a bunch of other, even rarer pistols. So, where are all the protesters?
I think there's a lot of truth there. We are talking about limited production, high-end firearms that push the envelope in design. On the one hand, we expect that for the money we should have reliable designs that last a lifetime. And rightly so in the sense that reliability of function is a prime concern in competitive shooting. On the other hand, we're talking about guns that are radical in design compared to a duty or combat firearm, and produced in very small quantities.

I bought an early SP-20. It has broken multiple times (recoil buffer again and again, frame cracked - twice, trigger shoe broke in two), culminating with the slide breaking in two, which finally decided me to replace it with an MG-2. I won't comment on current SP-20's because I haven't used one, and do feel that Hammerli can fix the problems with the gun. I hope they have. It's a very nice gun to shoot.

My MG-2 is wonderful to shoot. I love it. I am nervous about whether or not it will remain reliable but am certainly willing to give it a try. I guess the alternative is that we all shoot designs that are at least twenty years down the development road and new designs are never developed.
The "owner"

Post by The "owner" »

David Levene wrote: Contact the manufacturer direct..
I see your point, David.
I bought my then brand new MG2 in 2005. Problems arose from the very beginning. The deler/importer (same person) was contacted immediately, and he has put in quite some effort to solve the problems, by bringing in replacement parts.
But as you may read from his post in this thread his efforts have not been successful.

According to our consumer rights legislation, and dealer/importer responsibility, all complaints have to be directed to the dealer.

I have just acted conformably to these rules.
Sorry.

Regards,
The "owner" of MG2
Also owner of a fairly well working MG1, btw.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

[quote="The "owner""]
David Levene wrote: Contact the manufacturer direct..
According to our consumer rights legislation, and dealer/importer responsibility, all complaints have to be directed to the dealer.
[/quote]

I understand that, but if that hadn't proved successful and you (understandably) didn't want to sue the dealer, then I would have thought that contacting the manufacturer direct would have been a sensible step.

Anyway, a Director of Matchguns has now issued an invitation to you to contact him so you will hopefully do so. Let us know how you get on, but give it a fair time considering the Customs difficulties in Norway and Italy.
The "Owner"

Just want my MG2 to work fine (weeping a litle), like other

Post by The "Owner" »

David Levene wrote: I understand that, but if that hadn't proved successful and you (understandably) didn't want to sue the dealer, then I would have thought that contacting the manufacturer direct would have been a sensible step.
I do not want to sue anybody at all. That was more a joke, a response to the humiliations form "jepe".

No, we all appreciate our importer, a reknown marksman. A gentle person.

I understand also, that the MG-works are run by a small group of enthusiasts. Doing their very best, to bring out "formula one" competition arms, featuring more sophisticated internal parts than usually seen in a .22 auto pistol.

Well, maybe I had better be a bit more humble, and use a more modest vokubulary.
But after 3 troublesome years, and many ruined matches, I got frustrated.

I just want my nicely designed, very well finiched MG2 to work fine. Like so many other MG2 reported of in these colomns. Just that.

No hard feelings, anyway.

Regards,
the "Owner".

P.S.: Why I have not registered, you asked?
The "Weekendshooter" tuched that topic in his post in this thread...
jipe

Re: thanks, our trusted importer, you have struggled to help

Post by jipe »

stale wrote:I am sorry to say, it is almost true.
It has not been up to me as sales person in Norway or Stefano at MG to blame. (well we could have done more, maybe)
During a three Year period MG2-owners pistols/parts of pistols has spend more than a year in transit, at post offices in Oslo,Rome and Milan. Also for several months in the custom in Rome. (refusing to let the part go
Thanks to Stefano, they were finally released.
But insted of heading to factory they was send home without beeing at factory. So we have then tried to change part by part.
And there is an issue, several of the parts has been reviced approx 6-7 times. For instance i got a new BIL 2 weeks ago. The newly reviced BIL is
probably function better. But it dosen't fit in the frame becourse of a thicker body. old part is 1.22mm new one 1.46mm an the slot in top frame is 1.32mm. Also the pinhole is smaller.
But I will find a new way of sending the pistol for a total re-newing.
Mg and stefano has always been helpful.
i got a profile so it it up toPM me
stale
Norway
stale wrote:I don't think it came totally clear.
The complete pistols has never reached through to it destination, MG factory.
They has alway been stopped on their way. Even send as seperate parts.

Also
Stefano or MG has never complained over low sale in Norway.
I told MG2-owner i had said to stefano i would stop importing MG.
And stefano would like me to continue. that a different story.
Reason is as explaine above. It is very difficult and expencive to send and recieve parts and pistols. Yes even recieve parts cost me 25% pluss a fee.
Even Free parts i have to argue with custom to avoid tax.

stale
shooting MG5
and hopefully soon also a re-newed MG2
From the two posts of the importer, the reason why the pistol problems were not fixed is obvious: Matchgun could never analyze the causes of the problems because they never had the problematic pistol in their hands/factory. They tried to "blind" solve the problem what didn't succeed and took a lot of time due to huge customs delays. The fact that parts are not interchangeable between the several versions of MG2 pistols of course doesn't help.
MG2-owner wrote:
jipe wrote: Matchgun/Stefano could sue you because you didn't told the truth and gave a wrong/bad reputation to their product and customer support .
The information I have given in all my posts have been correct in every detail. The plain, unbiased thruth.
In your many posts, you didn't say one single word about the customs problems and the fact that Matchgun never saw your pistol and couldn't analyze its problems, due to this incomplete information, your post were undoubdly biased. Omitting to give a part of the information is also lying.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

It raises a question, though.

For an American, shipping the gun to the factory for rework is not a practical option due to the import/export paperwork. Is the MG2 well enough supported in the United States to be seriously considered?
landb

Post by landb »

I bought mine in 2004 from Don Nygord I called him to order a Pardini but after talking to him about the MG2 I order it. It's a 1100 series gun the only problem I've had was the hammer spring broke. After I replaced it I had some feeding problems, do to a stonger spring I can almost shot subsonics again without any problems . In my club the thrid MG2 just got ordered. mine replaced a Ruger Mark II , the others hung up their SP20, and 180. to shot the MG2.Can anyone tell me what updated parts are for the 1100 series guns. And can a 1100 series gun be made to use the recoil buffer? Thought that was a good idea.
The "Owner"

No comunication in my direction from Italy, yet...

Post by The "Owner" »

David Levene wrote: ..., then I would have thought that contacting the manufacturer direct would have been a sensible step.
The dealer/importer has left the impression that he has a relatively close and good contact with the staff at the MG-factory. I have always trusted him to be able to solve the problems.
David Levene wrote: Anyway, a Director of Matchguns has now issued an invitation to you to contact him so you will hopefully do so. Let us know how you get on, but give it a fair time considering the Customs difficulties in Norway and Italy.
There has been no communication from MG in my direction. My adress, e-mail, and phone numbers are well known to the importer, and hence, available to the MG staff.

My club have been following this story closely. They have adviced me to participate with the unreliable MG2 at our nationals, which is taking place from 28th of july to 2nd of august. They then would have some imformal polls about how many reshot strings (or worse) I may suffer...

However, with the imformation from David about some possible "moves" from the MG company, I may not bring the gun to our national matches.

If anything substantial emerges from MG, in order to cure the problems once and for all, I will bring that information here.
Totally unbiased, as usual.
David Levene

Re: No comunication in my direction from Italy, yet...

Post by David Levene »

[quote="The "Owner""]
David Levene wrote: Anyway, a Director of Matchguns has now issued an invitation to you to contact him so you will hopefully do so. Let us know how you get on, but give it a fair time considering the Customs difficulties in Norway and Italy.
There has been no communication from MG in my direction. My adress, e-mail, and phone numbers are well known to the importer, and hence, available to the MG staff.
[/quote]

So you won't even take him up on his offer to help and send him an email. That's obviously your decision, but you must realise what conclusion others may make about your sincerity.

[quote="The "Owner""]However, with the imformation from David about some possible "moves" from the MG company, I may not bring the gun to our national matches.[/quote]

I must point out that I have absolutely no connection with Matchguns and, apart from some conversations with Cesaré in the mid 1980s when he was still with Morini, have never spoken to anyone from Matchguns. I was simply pointing out comments made on this thread by a Director of Matchguns (in case you had overlooked them) and trying to apply some common sense.
RobStubbs

Re: No comunication in my direction from Italy, yet...

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote: <snip>
I was simply pointing out comments made on this thread by a Director of Matchguns (in case you had overlooked them) and trying to apply some common sense.
Ah well common sense and our annonymous guest do not appear to be the best of buddies. Most normal people would have contacted the factory after a short amount of inactivity in so as far as rectifying the problems with their purchase, which lets face it is no small expense.

Other people obviously feel 'happy' to annonymously moan on the internet, to anyone who will listen.

Some people, more cynical than I, might suggest he has other axes to grind....

Rob.
The "Owner"

Post by The "Owner" »

David Levene wrote: So you won't even take him up on his offer to help and send him an email. That's obviously your decision, but you must realise what conclusion others may make about your sincerity.
As I pointed out in av earlier post, due to our consumer rights legislation, all communication pass through the dealer/importer. I have been adviced by our clubs leaders to follow these rules strictly. I will follow that good advice.
If the importer, who has put efforts into solvind the case, has not been successfully communicating with the MG staff to solve the porblems, I think my chanses are even less. That is common sence to me.
The amount of money I paid for this gun, equivalent to some 1100 to 1150 Euros is substantial. I just cannot let that money go down the drain.

This very evening, a bord member of my club, rather strongly adviced me to get out of the MG2-case. He offered to assist in solving this case. This might involve a demand, assisted by a lawyer, to get a reversal of the purchase, and a refund for the cost of purchase. I am sorry about that turn of the case, but this over three year lasting situation has to come to an end.

I have been a team member for this club for some years, but I and the club will not risk my unreliable gun to ruin the 3-member teams medal-winning chanses.
My club, btw, by our standards, is a largre one, counting some hundred members.

I may inform you about the outcom of this case, sometime in the future.
Bye for now.

Regards,
the "Owner".
narnia_guest

What pistolbrand can guanantee mr. owner a faultless pistol

Post by narnia_guest »

This is Utopia, ferrytales deluxe.
I doubt none of the pistols on the marked can guarantee mr. owner a medal in his nationals. Absolutely none.
I once knew a guy which had a old FAS 602, it has never function through a 60 shot match he said. I bought this pistol and sold it further to new guy into shooting. As his first proper gun. 6 months and 5000 rounds later he came and thanked me. He had never had a single malfunction in this period.
keep on the good work everyone. Shooting ofcourse
BPBrinson

Post by BPBrinson »

As I pointed out in av earlier post, due to our consumer rights legislation, all communication pass through the dealer/importer. I have been adviced by our clubs leaders to follow these rules strictly. I will follow that good advice.
As I work with and have heard of all the "legislation" in Norway. On this day of U.S. Independence I will repeat that I am proud to be a citizen of the U.S.A. rather than the subject of Norway. BTW,I shot my MG2 at our Nationals this week, And it worked perfectly!!!

Brooks
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

[quote="The "Owner""]

If the importer, who has put efforts into solvind the case, has not been successfully communicating with the MG staff to solve the porblems, I think my chanses are even less. That is common sence to me.
The amount of money I paid for this gun, equivalent to some 1100 to 1150 Euros is substantial. I just cannot let that money go down the drain.

This very evening, a bord member of my club, rather strongly adviced me to get out of the MG2-case. He offered to assist in solving this case. This might involve a demand, assisted by a lawyer, to get a reversal of the purchase, and a refund for the cost of purchase. I am sorry about that turn of the case, but this over three year lasting situation has to come to an end.

I have been a team member for this club for some years, but I and the club will not risk my unreliable gun to ruin the 3-member teams medal-winning chanses.
My club, btw, by our standards, is a largre one, counting some hundred members.

I may inform you about the outcom of this case, sometime in the future.
Bye for now.

Regards,
the "Owner".[/quote]

I really do hope you get your money back, if I was Matchguns I would give you your money back, I'm tempted to give you your money back, I'm sure we could put a collection together on here to get your money back. It would be worth it just so we don't have to re-live your trials and tribulations with a pistol for which you yourself have done very little to remedy other than rely on someone else to get it fixed, who has not been able to deliver. You have even ignored/refused help offered from the manufacture.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Absolutely true Richard, but has anyone verified that this annoying nuisance even owns an MG2 ? There are people out there that don't have a life and troll forums such as this giving everyone the s***s !
The "Owner"

How much in between?

Post by The "Owner" »

BPBrinson wrote: On this day of U.S. Independence I will repeat that I am proud to be a citizen of the U.S.A. rather than the subject of Norway.
Brooks
Yes. That is understandable to me, Brooks. Some have claimed, the bureaucresy here by us har some similities to the former situation behind that now fallen "iron curtain".
But we have to live with that, I´m fraid.
And it is growing worse. For private pistol ownership.

Our government has lately "flagged", they will be at the front of the free worlds new campaigns agains all small arms. Primarily focus on weapons reaching the sones of unrest in the world, but in consequence, it could also hit private ownership of any "small arm", handguns included. Our politicans are stribing to surpass the former image of Schweitz and their Geneva conventions. Look to Norway, now, that peace-loving contry, fighting against all "cruel" firearms...
Well, well.
Apologize for derailing this thread...
BPBrinson wrote: BTW,I shot my MG2 at our Nationals this week, And it worked perfectly!!!
Brooks
Could you, please, sell that gun to me? I want a perfectly functional MG2, too.
Are you up for an exchange? I get yours, you get mine? How much do I have to pay in between to get yours? :-)

The latest move is, we may be settling for an agreement. The importer buys the gun back from me, - some loss of money for me imvolved. Then the gun wil be sent for Italy, and hopefully make it there, for repairs, then at return, fully operable, it will be sold to a member of the importers gun club.

Regards,
"The MG2-owner"
BPBrinson

Post by BPBrinson »

Our government has lately "flagged", they will be at the front of the free worlds new campaigns agains all small arms. Primarily focus on weapons reaching the sones of unrest in the world, but in consequence, it could also hit private ownership of any "small arm", handguns included. Our politicans are stribing to surpass the former image of Schweitz and their Geneva conventions. Look to Norway, now, that peace-loving contry, fighting against all "cruel" firearms...
Well, well.
Apologize for derailing this thread...
If you would register you could communicate by PM's and e-mail, however I will tell you I work for a company Out of Stavanger on a project for your government. I am dumbfounded by the red tape that is thrown in the way of progress that we in the US never would dream of. The Norwegians that are here find out every day what it means to be truly free.

Brooks
The "Owner"

Post by The "Owner" »

BPBrinson wrote: I am dumbfounded by the red tape that is thrown in the way of progress that we in the US never would dream of. The Norwegians that are here find out every day what it means to be truly free.

Brooks
Two slightly different cultures, it may be said, yes.
As the problems related to my MG2 showed no signs of coming to an end, I decided to apply to the "Private firearm ownership" division of the police headquarters, for a ownership lisence for another .22 auto match pistol.

But there is a catch here: To be granted another lisence for a gun of same category, here by us, you have to be a very active competition shot. Participating in a minimum of 10 nasjonally pre-announced competions a year, with a gun of that very caliber. (And you had better be able to bring relatively good score-cards too).

The catch is, by using a gun that will not often work without repeated stoppages in a 60 shot match, you may not get through that match with a reasonable scorecard at all.
And a reputed nonreliable gun has very low second hand value...So you cannot sell that gun to get money to buy another...
You are stucked...
nvalcik

RE: MG2

Post by nvalcik »

Brooks,

I seem to remember that you did pretty well with your MG2 in the Dallas Pistol Club's PTO in June and did not have a single alibi in that match either. As I recall you had a pretty decent score to go along with the reliability.

I just bought a Gehmann GP1 (Match Guns MG1) and I am curious to see how it will perform and hold up. So far I am really liking the GP1.

Nicolas