MatchGuns worried over the low MG2 sales to this country !

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

Personally I have no problems with my mg2.
After I bought my gun, I learned someone
know that had problems with his mg2.
On my recommendation he mailed to matchguns.
And he was with his pistol come to them
in the French championship.
(we live in Belgium)
He was eventually helped free.
His mg2 has now no longer a problem.
MG2-owner

Persisting MG2 problems

Post by MG2-owner »

Anonymous wrote:Sounds like MG2 owner is shill for another manufacturer. Hmmm. Could he be trying to slander the MG2 to poison the well?
No.
The MG2 is, as I have stated repeatedly in this forum, a delight to shoot when(ever) it works well. My MG2 does not work well. And many other MG2s do not work well.
I want my MG2 to work well, too.

The importer launched the theory the other day, that the cause of the persisting troubles could be a incorrect version of cartridge "cradle" for my gun (for that production series). (this part have been exchanged in my gun by the importer).

This part have been redesigned more than once, and the mill-out in this part may extend a bit too far to the rear. Thus, a cartridge, pushed to the rear by a loaded magazine, interferes with the position of the ejector blade. The tip of the ejectorblade protrudes to far upward and rearward. This again interferes with the rearward travel og the bolt.
This problem occurs most often at ejecton of first fired round/feeding of round nr. two.

As the MG factorys spokesman admitted, the MG2 have had some issues. It is not possible to deny that.
Stating that all problems are solved for now, is an exaggeration. IMHO.

The MG2 problems ought to be solved, not pushed under the carped.

And to those "gentelemen", ejecting insultations and offences in my direction: I will always ignore that. Your activity is a wast of time, and a shame for this forum.

I´ll keep you posted regarding the proseedings of the MG2-problems.
David Levene

Re: Persisting MG2 problems

Post by David Levene »

MG2-owner wrote:As the MG factorys spokesman admitted, the MG2 have had some issues. It is not possible to deny that.
What a shame you have not registered "MG2-owner". If you had then you would be able to PM one of the directors of Matchguns to try and get your gun sorted. You would also be able to let us know, with a degree of credibility, whether the factory have in fact solved the problems.

That would appear to be too sensible though.
kalz

Post by kalz »

Dear Shooters,
if anyone need some assistence from the factory, please contact me directly with a complete and clear description of the problem , if possible also with some pictures , the serial number of the pistol and place of purchase.
In few days I'll give him the solutions we can offer.

Regards
Stefano
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Well done Stefano......great service.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Shooters,

I have dealt directly with Stefano with my first generation MG2. He does offer great service and is a very fair man. Take him up on his offer to help you if you are having a problem.

Brian
Canada
jipe

Re: Persisting MG2 problems

Post by jipe »

MG2-owner wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Sounds like MG2 owner is shill for another manufacturer. Hmmm. Could he be trying to slander the MG2 to poison the well?
No.
The MG2 is, as I have stated repeatedly in this forum, a delight to shoot when(ever) it works well. My MG2 does not work well. And many other MG2s do not work well.
I want my MG2 to work well, too.

The importer launched the theory the other day, that the cause of the persisting troubles could be a incorrect version of cartridge "cradle" for my gun (for that production series). (this part have been exchanged in my gun by the importer).

This part have been redesigned more than once, and the mill-out in this part may extend a bit too far to the rear. Thus, a cartridge, pushed to the rear by a loaded magazine, interferes with the position of the ejector blade. The tip of the ejectorblade protrudes to far upward and rearward. This again interferes with the rearward travel og the bolt.
This problem occurs most often at ejecton of first fired round/feeding of round nr. two.

As the MG factorys spokesman admitted, the MG2 have had some issues. It is not possible to deny that.

The MG2 problems ought to be solved, not pushed under the carped.

And to those "gentelemen", ejecting insultations and offences in my direction: I will always ignore that. Your activity is a wast of time, and a shame for this forum.

I´ll keep you posted regarding the proseedings of the MG2-problems.
This is pure bullshit: you have Stefano, the export manager of MG2 posting here to offer help/support, what gives you the opportunity to directly solve the problems of your MG2.

Anybody owning a problematic MG2 would have contacted him and given him information to try to solve the problem.

Obviously, this is not the case for you and your posts complaining about MG2 problems are only troll.
stale

mg2-owner troll or not

Post by stale »

I am sorry to say, it is almost true.
It has not been up to me as sales person in Norway or Stefano at MG to blame. (well we could have done more, maybe)
During a three Year period MG2-owners pistols/parts of pistols has spend more than a year in transit, at post offices in Oslo,Rome and Milan. Also for several months in the custom in Rome. (refusing to let the part go
Thanks to Stefano, they were finally released.
But insted of heading to factory they was send home without beeing at factory. So we have then tried to change part by part.
And there is an issue, several of the parts has been reviced approx 6-7 times. For instance i got a new BIL 2 weeks ago. The newly reviced BIL is
probably function better. But it dosen't fit in the frame becourse of a thicker body. old part is 1.22mm new one 1.46mm an the slot in top frame is 1.32mm. Also the pinhole is smaller.
But I will find a new way of sending the pistol for a total re-newing.
Mg and stefano has always been helpful.
i got a profile so it it up toPM me
stale
Norway
Weekend Shooter

Post by Weekend Shooter »

kalz wrote:Dear Weekend shooter,
I can not understans why you don't sign your message with a name, anyway....
It should be more logical that you describe to me the problem you have (maybe with some pictures) with all the informations about the use of the pistol and ammunitions so I can try to give to you the better solution.

About the improvements I can tell you that starting from the beginnig we have improved more than 15 pieces and since long time our tests before delivery are very strong and made with a lot of different brend and quality ammunition.

I exchange good wishes.
Best regards
Stefano

Hi Stefano,

Sorry if I don't publish my name or I'll be all over Google in 5 minutes. I don't have any problems with my gun. Actually, I don't have one... yet. My order with the gun club and we're still working on the final import permits. I got two... The MG2 and a freepistol with electronic trigger. I hope I can count on you in case I have problems. Auguri. Stiamo per altro in asia. Possiamo parlare di piu in altra sede.
stale

lost in translation

Post by stale »

I don't think it came totally clear.
The complete pistols has never reached through to it destination, MG factory.
They has alway been stopped on their way. Even send as seperate parts.
Also
Stefano or MG has never complained over low sale in Norway.
I told MG2-owner i had said to stefano i would stop importing MG.
And stefano would like me to continue. that a different story.
Reason is as explaine above. It is very difficult and expencive to send and recieve parts and pistols. Yes even recieve parts cost me 25% pluss a fee.
Even Free parts i have to argue with custom to avoid tax.

stale
shooting MG5
and hopefully soon also a re-newed MG2
MG2-owner

thanks, our trusted importer, you have struggled to help us

Post by MG2-owner »

Thanks, our trusted importer, you have struggled to help us out.

You have had a neverending lot of troubles, expences, disappointments. But you never have up on your support to us. Thanks.

You have been (still are?) an international competition shooter, and have been, and still are, one the very best priesicion shooter marksmen in this country. You own a troubled MG2 yourself, so you have all the time expressed understanding of our problems.

I slowly get a bit provacted, though, when I red that a MG spokesman stated there have been some issues in the beginning, but this are now sorted out. Regarding the MG2, that was.
No, I think they re not sorted out.

And some recently manufactured MG2s are still causing troubles to their owners:
I will for this reason give you this case study:
And "kalz", I would appreciate your comments over this one:

At a larger weapon producer exibition in Europe early this year, one dealer fron a, European contry handed a recently manufactured nonfunctional MG2 personally over to Cesare, and asked him most kindly to get the gun in order, and return it to the dealerat, when repair work were performed.

The dealer is still awaiting for the gun to be returned in working order.

I will keep you posted about the "proceedings" in this matters.
I promise.

Do you hear me, "jipe"?

(he suddenly got very silent....)
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

So what - yawn - lots of smoke, not so much fire. Hammerli took 8 years to sort out the 280, and the SP20 is still not what was promised. Pardini had its shares of flops (remember the GPE?). Walther's SSP is a truly rare piece of work. FWB had problems with their AW93 barrels, Morini with the trigger of the CM22 (not to talk of the 102E, or the CM32), a FAS would work or would not with nothing in between, even Benelli produced some MP90's that won't shoot. Not to speak of a bunch of other, even rarer pistols. So, where are all the protesters?

This guy is shooting way over the top, methinks - did anyone expect a pistol of Cesare to work right out of the box? I didn't, and IMHO, Matchguns is doing a fair (not excellent, but fair, there IS room for improvement, sorry Stefano!) job of developing, updating and servicing the pistols around. Perhaps Switzerland being closer to Parma than Norway is a factor, perhaps Italian or Norwegian customs regulations are another one (I have Norwegian relatives, so my not too high opinion about Norwegian bureaucracy is not completely unfounded). But all this yammering about is getting on everybody's nerves, and if I was Cesare, this guy's MG2 would be the last one in the works, as he probably won't shut up anyway. Why doesn't he get out and buys a 208? And then he's trying to advocate other peoples causes, what a laugh.

Think about the numbers of pistols you can sell in this market today, put up a rudimentary business plan, and it's quite obvious that it's not possible to do a full development/testing before first roll out - except if we all would agree to pay the appropriate price, which most (or all) of us won't. This is Formula 1, not soap car racing. We get what we pay for and what risks we take. A top end mountain bike sells for 7'000 bucks, and we get cold feet beyond 1'800 Euro...
jipe

Re: thanks, our trusted importer, you have struggled to help

Post by jipe »

MG2-owner wrote:Thanks, our trusted importer, you have struggled to help us out.

You have had a neverending lot of troubles, expences, disappointments. But you never have up on your support to us. Thanks.

You have been (still are?) an international competition shooter, and have been, and still are, one the very best priesicion shooter marksmen in this country. You own a troubled MG2 yourself, so you have all the time expressed understanding of our problems.

I slowly get a bit provacted, though, when I red that a MG spokesman stated there have been some issues in the beginning, but this are now sorted out. Regarding the MG2, that was.
No, I think they re not sorted out.

And some recently manufactured MG2s are still causing troubles to their owners:
I will for this reason give you this case study:
And "kalz", I would appreciate your comments over this one:

At a larger weapon producer exibition in Europe early this year, one dealer fron a, European contry handed a recently manufactured nonfunctional MG2 personally over to Cesare, and asked him most kindly to get the gun in order, and return it to the dealerat, when repair work were performed.

The dealer is still awaiting for the gun to be returned in working order.

I will keep you posted about the "proceedings" in this matters.
I promise.

Do you hear me, "jipe"?

(he suddenly got very silent....)
No, I am not silent. I read again incomplete may be false statements.

Still ask you to register, still would like that you clearly/completely explain the case (the second one now) and finally your original statement was intentionally misleading:
- you should have clearly mentioned that your pistol was not repaired due to the stupid bureaucracy of your contry and customs problems, not to Matchgun. Now I understand why you do n ot want to register: Matchgun/Stefano could sue you because you didn't told the truth and gave a wrong/bad reputation to their product and customer support (and you start again with your second case).
- you should have clearly mentioned that you are in Norway, because Norway is not part of EU and doesn't follow the same law/rules.

Morini experience some (smaller) similar problems because they also are located outside the EU => importing/exporting parts is more difficult, more expensive and takes more time.

Now, I do not say that the MG2 is perfect and has no problems but your way of doing, i.e. giving partial information, is unacceptable.
MG2-owner

Post by MG2-owner »

Tycho wrote:
1.Why doesn't he get out and buys a 208?

2.We get what we pay for and what risks we take.
1. I have, many years ago, owned for an extended period a Hämmerli 208. Very good for its time. Reliable. Accurate.
But maybe not a "formula one" by todays standards?

2. No.
I payd for a well working "formula one" gun. And got a non-working specimen. A wallhanger.
---

I plan to bring more case studies over troublesome MG2s. From neighbouring countries as well.

Till next time, then.
MG2-owner

Post by MG2-owner »

jipe wrote: Matchgun/Stefano could sue you because you didn't told the truth and gave a wrong/bad reputation to their product and customer support .
What a laugh!
There is more to this story than is told here. About MG refusing to replace faulty barrels. That was the remashined original barrels. Too short to be operable at all in a MG2 of my serial number range.
e-mail the importer to get detailed info about that.

I ought to sue MG for selling me a non-working procuct.
In this country we may sue a company for that.
MG2-owner

Post by MG2-owner »

jipe wrote: Matchgun/Stefano could sue you because you didn't told the truth and gave a wrong/bad reputation to their product and customer support .
The information I have given in all my posts have been correct in every detail. The plain, unbiased thruth.

Bad reputation? MG here by us? I participate in many competitions, and other competitors are experienced the troubles of the MG2 at the ranges. That is the reputation the MG2 gets her. From real live experiences.

When I got questions about the performance of this "unusual looking" gun, as is often the expression used, I have to tell them the truth: It is utterly unreliable. Not recommendable.

I am looking forward to get sued by MG for telling(and showing, by actual use in competitions), the truth about my MG2 at the ranges.

What a laugh!
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

It would be sporting of you to register, though, MG2-owner.

Is there some reason that you refuse to?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

MG2-owner wrote:
What a laugh!
There is more to this story than is told here. About MG refusing to replace faulty barrels. That was the remashined original barrels. Too short to be operable at all in a MG2 of my serial number range.
e-mail the importer to get detailed info about that.

I ought to sue MG for selling me a non-working procuct.
In this country we may sue a company for that.
1. You seem to be not too motivated enough to contact the manufacture yourself, so I doubt you have it within you to mount a law suit.

2. If others have problems why not let them bring it here rather than you.

You don't seem to be garnering much support for your cause here and it seems the basic consensus here is that you have very little credibility.

It seems that most here who have dealt with Matchguns directly have had there problems acknowledged and addressed, maybe Matchguns isn't the problem maybe it's this importer in "your country" whatever that maybe, is the problem.

Post by Guest »

OK MG2 owner we get the picture- you have a personal issue with a manufacturer. You should keep it between you and them. The forum owner Scott Pilkington is very good to let us have the space, please don't abuse the privilege for us all. Thank you.
MG2-owner

No personal issue

Post by MG2-owner »

Anonymous wrote:OK MG2 owner we get the picture- you have a personal issue with a manufacturer. You should keep it between you and them. The forum owner Scott Pilkington is very good to let us have the space, please don't abuse the privilege for us all. Thank you.
No.
I do not have an personal issue with any manufacturer. Have never met the folks of MG, never spoke to them, never mailed them.

The drive for my multiple posts is to bring in detail real world experiences from firing of my, and some others, MG2s, out to the shooting crowd..

Another reason is, whenever I report regular malfunctions of more MG2, some posters, with a to me unknown agenda, aggressively attacks me for bringing true reports.
On soul even argues for a law suit against me!

I´m probably not that easily scared off.

Should I deny the less encouraging experiences of the MG2s?

The shooting community deserves to get unbiased information.
My reports are true down to de most minute detail.
And I am totally unbiased!