What's the difference Steyr LP10 and Anschutz LP?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jipe

Post by jipe »

LukeP wrote:Are the Steyr grip and Anschutz one interchangeable?

Following the exploded drawings seems a bit different on the base plate, under the screw.

Anyone know the differences?

Thank you,
LukeP
Yes they are exhangeable (because the two pistol have the same frame) but they have a different design/shape. I must also add that the shape of the LP10 grip changed slightly over time, I know at least three different shapes from the first LP10 to the current ones.

One more remark about the barrel porting: the LP@ has three ports like the LP10 but the LP@light (short barrel) has no ports.
pauln

Post by pauln »

Don't think anybody mentioned it.

The LP@ don't have the latest ball bearing trigger yet
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

GaryBF wrote:Luke,
FWIW, I believe that the Steyr and Anschitz grips are interchangeable. I ordered an after market grip from Rink-Formgriffe for my Anschutz and it is listed together with the LP-10 as the same.
Thank you Gary, i see a little differences on the part figured on exploded drawings. Wish if my seller is so gentle to exchange the grip free of taxes.
Thank you,
LukeP.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

An interesting answer from anschutz FAQs, about ball bearing trigger:
http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.ph ... %BAT%E8%97
jipe

Post by jipe »

LukeP wrote:
GaryBF wrote:Luke,
FWIW, I believe that the Steyr and Anschitz grips are interchangeable. I ordered an after market grip from Rink-Formgriffe for my Anschutz and it is listed together with the LP-10 as the same.
Thank you Gary, i see a little differences on the part figured on exploded drawings. Wish if my seller is so gentle to exchange the grip free of taxes.
Thank you,
LukeP.
As said, the two grips are different in shape but are exchangeable (I did it I have an LP10 and my wife has an LP@ light).

What you should may be do is to test the two grips to find out which one fits the best to your hand and then decide if an exchange is needed.

For information, we do not use any of them, neither the Steyr, nor the Anschutz. On both pistol we use a Rink grip that fits better for both hands and has the advantage of having a plam rest that can be adjusted in tilt something not possible on any of the two others.
guest12345

barrel shroud

Post by guest12345 »

Will the LP10 barrel shroud fit the LP-@ barrel? Has anybody tried that?

Post by Guest »

it will fit and it has been done
guest12345

LP10 and LP-@ compatibility

Post by guest12345 »

thanks. would anybody happen to have a reference or picture? also, are the cylinders interchangeable between the LP10 and LP-@?
Weekend Shooter

Post by Weekend Shooter »

Anonymous wrote:FWB 40 is replaced by 44 either way have all the latest adjustments. pricer than ans, or styer. fwb have a bolt that pushes pellet into breech, a or s you have to seat the pellet. nit-pick area.
Honestly this feature for me, who's a lazy bum, is really important though the balance of the LP10 is truly remarkable. The LP10 finds its own balanced position while the P40 has a higher center of gravity axis. The trigger of the P40 though sounds clunky on dry fire mode is more precise than the LP10.

Haven't seen the P44. I'm getting old already... is Steyr coming out with the electronic trigger. I mean airlines adopted electronic tickets ages ago.

Post by Guest »

why try and fix what aint broke? LP10 trigger is just fine as it is
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Anonymous wrote:why try and fix what aint broke? LP10 trigger is just fine as it is
It's called improvement. The LP10 trigger is good, but it ain't perfect.

Rob.

Post by Guest »

electronics are an automatic improvement?!?
voxano

is LP-@ essentially like LP10 nowadays?

Post by voxano »

does anybody know if the cylinders are interchangeable between the LP10 and LP-@ nowadays?
jipe

Re: is LP-@ essentially like LP10 nowadays?

Post by jipe »

voxano wrote:does anybody know if the cylinders are interchangeable between the LP10 and LP-@ nowadays?
Yes, they are interchangeable. The Anschutz cylinders are even marked "Steyr Sportwaffen" !

Actually, the Anschutz cylinders have a more accurate/readable manometer than the Steyr cylinders.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:electronics are an automatic improvement?!?
Not automatic, but why would they bother (if they are) if it doesn't give an improved trigger.

The continued widespread use of Steyr at the top level shows that people don't just want an electronic trigger so that they get an "E" on their gun. Shooters just want they best trigger, mechanical or electronic.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

David Levene wrote:
Anonymous wrote:electronics are an automatic improvement?!?
Not automatic, but why would they bother (if they are) if it doesn't give an improved trigger.

The continued widespread use of Steyr at the top level shows that people don't just want an electronic trigger so that they get an "E" on their gun. Shooters just want they best trigger, mechanical or electronic.
A related issue is the design trade-offs required by an electronic trigger e.g. lack of a fully adjustable grip mount on the Morini pistols. A new design that incorporated the adjustability of a Steyr/FWB grip with a Morini electronic trigger could be a winner.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Fred Mannis wrote:A related issue is the design trade-offs required by an electronic trigger e.g. lack of a fully adjustable grip mount on the Morini pistols.
To be fair that's not strictly a requirement of an electronic trigger Fred, it's a requirement of the Morini incarnation of an electronic trigger.

It surely is not beyond the wit of man (/woman) to design a flexible connection.
slavochk

Post by slavochk »

Fred Mannis wrote: A new design that incorporated the adjustability of a Steyr/FWB grip with a Morini electronic trigger could be a winner.
Steyr design since LP1 IS already a winner.
It's trigger knockouts the Morini's gimmick by far.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote:
Fred Mannis wrote:
To be fair that's not strictly a requirement of an electronic trigger Fred, it's a requirement of the Morini incarnation of an electronic trigger.

It surely is not beyond the wit of man (/woman) to design a flexible connection.
The pardini electronic trigger unit is tiny in comparison to the morini and allows pretty much any grip type configuration you could conceivably want.

Rob.
voxano

3 triggers for LP10 and 2 triggers for LP-@?

Post by voxano »

Can somebody confirm, correct or simply clarify this for me please?

It appears that older LP10's had this trigger http://www.btinternet.com/~cliverkay/LP10/PICT0001.JPG
which they also had on their LP1's. Then at some point Steyr/Anschutz started installing this Anschutz LP-@ trigger http://www.z-shops.eu/images/STEYR%20LP ... kghkfr.jpg
on the LP10's and that's how they sell LP10's nowadays (I guess?). And in addition there is (the latest?) ball-bearing trigger http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/content ... silber.jpg
(is that how it looks?) which can be installed on both Anschutz LP-@ http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.ph ... %BAT%E8%97
and on Steyr LP10 upon request.

If you click on the picture links, all 3 triggers look different.
And so we have
1. "older Steyr LP10/LP1" trigger
2. "newer Steyr LP10/Anschutz LP-@" trigger
3. "newest Steyr ball-bearing" trigger

All of which can be found on and LP10, but only the last two on an LP-@.

Is this correct?