Schumman sets new record

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ruig

Post by ruig »

i would say: very dubious kaspersky analyse... Common problem.
I don't know why, but kaspersky "don't like" phpMyAdmin (mysql administration tool).
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

jipe wrote: Its really a huge stuff that completely replaces the standard muzzle piece.
I'm not so sure, it looks to me more like a largeish weight affixed underneath the barrel / muzzle.

Rob.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No way that's "just a weight". Ralf has been known for creative engineering for some years now, I have one of his .22 short - barrel shrouds, which was the true predecessor of the now very common linear absorbers. If you look at the pics of the last two years, his new Pardini had a silver coloured bottom plate on that huge block, which was obviously detachable, so there must be something in there. Seeing that everybody else, including Tesro (from Germany...) is working on some kind of spring powered pendulum, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that was at work here. But I'm not surprised either that nobody knows for sure :-)
stesei

Post by stesei »

New Final World Record in 25M RAPID FIRE PISTOL MEN:

ISSF World Cup Milan 2008

REITZ Christian, GER

99 100 96
100 100 96 591 + 203,0 = 794,0

A great result of this young shooter (21 years old).

Regards

Stefan
Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

So much for Schumman's record...
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Tzed250 wrote:So much for Schumman's record...
Records are made to be broken.... And Schumman went in to the finals, just one point behind.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:Records are made to be broken....
Talking about records, if you scroll down to position 21 in the Rapid Fire match in Milan you find the name of, IMHO, the greatest ISSF pistol shooter ever; Afanasijs Kuzmins.

On the assumption that he will fill the RFP Olympic wild card quota place given to Latvia, Beijing will be his 8th Olympics. His first was in 1976 and the only one he missed was 1984 because of the USSR boycott.

Is 8 Olympics a record? I'm pretty sure it is for a shooter but how about other sports.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Was Christian using a Pardini as well?
laser

Post by laser »

jbshooter wrote:Was Christian using a Pardini as well?
yes. with electronic trigger
macca

Schumann sets new record

Post by macca »

Dear Stan and Steve,
The difficulty of the new (since Jan 2005) ISSF Rules on Rapid Fire pistol seem the be reflected in the amount of MQS results attained by the World's shooters:
pre Athens (old rules) Jan 2004 - 135 MQS scores attained
pre Beijing (new rules) Jan 2008 - 80 MQS scores attained

It sure is a much more difficult discipline sice the Rule change to Standard Pistols
Just my two cents worth
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Good point!

So perhaps the new rules didn't affect the top shooters; only "raised the bar" on the low end.

Might also be interesting to look at overall average scores (for same shooter pool)?
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

David Levene wrote:
RobStubbs wrote:Records are made to be broken....
Talking about records, if you scroll down to position 21 in the Rapid Fire match in Milan you find the name of, IMHO, the greatest ISSF pistol shooter ever; Afanasijs Kuzmins.

On the assumption that he will fill the RFP Olympic wild card quota place given to Latvia, Beijing will be his 8th Olympics. His first was in 1976 and the only one he missed was 1984 because of the USSR boycott.

Is 8 Olympics a record? I'm pretty sure it is for a shooter but how about other sports.
Since Skanaker didn't get permission to use his personal wildcard for the 2004 olympics (and later on quit competing at that level becuase of this and therefor wont go to Beijing) Kuzmins 8:th olympics will probably be the record.