Shooting in Birmingham, AL

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
coffeyhj

Shooting in Birmingham, AL

Post by coffeyhj »

Maybe moving from Maryland to Tennesse/Alabama area. Have contacted bulleye shooters in Nashville, Memphis and East Tennessee, but is there any organized Air Pistol or Bulleye shooting in the Birmingham, Alabama?

Thanks

Henry Coffey
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

I only know of one group shooting air pistol in AL and that is Shelby County Shooting Sports Association. It is mainly a youth program. We are located in Birmingham, AL. www.shelbyshootingsports.org.

Hopefully if there are more air pistol shooters or some bullseye shooters around here in Alabama they will speak up.

Sam R
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

I only know of one group shooting air pistol in AL and that is Shelby County Shooting Sports Association. It is mainly a youth program. We are located in Birmingham, AL. www.shelbyshootingsports.org.

Hopefully if there are more air pistol shooters or some bullseye shooters around here in Alabama they will speak up.

Sam R
Ted Bell

Post by Ted Bell »

I'm pretty sure Magic City Gun Range still runs bullseye matches. (The two main outdoor shooting ranges in B'ham are Magic City and Steel City.) I don't believe they have a website, but you should be able to find a contact number through a Google search.

Other than the Shelby County Sports Shooting Assoc. Sam mentioned, your closest air matches are going to be PTO's at Fort Benning, GA, and River Bend, GA. You can find more info on both at http://www.georgiacompetitiveshooters.com

In case you are interested, as far as non-international shooting events go, Birmingham has pretty much everything, and with strong participation.

Thanks,
Ted
USMA82

Post by USMA82 »

Look in Shooting Sports USA or on the NRA website. You'll see that the State Championships and Regional will be held at the Tuscaloosa Gun Club - not far from Birmingham. Give Jim Collins a call for more details.

John
sailrecovery

Shooting MD

Post by sailrecovery »

I live in the Baltimore area and can't find any AP shooters here! Do you have a group you shoot with here? I belong to a local gun club but no one shots APs.
fred.mannis

Re: Shooting MD

Post by fred.mannis »

sailrecovery wrote:I live in the Baltimore area and can't find any AP shooters here! Do you have a group you shoot with here? I belong to a local gun club but no one shots APs.
Twelfth Precinct in Harwood Md, and Delaware State Pistol in Wilmington DE run AP matches. Check the USAS site for info