New Morini compensator

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Grayson

New Morini compensator

Post by Grayson »

Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Martin Raabe (martin.raabe(at)irosa.de)
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The thing looks impossible to clean. Are there any tricks for making sure these things don't just slowly (or not so slowly) accumulate crud?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Ah! The joy of having an ultrasonic cleaner in the workshop!

Spencer
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

You take it apart - it doesn't look half that complicated when you hold the 3 parts in your hand, believe me.
shadow

Comp - Muzzle Brake Cleaner

Post by shadow »

You take it apart. Who designed this comp? That is a GREAT idea.

And I have a question. Does ultrasonic cleaning eliminate the need to pick and prod at crud inside a regular one piece comp?
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Design imho is fantastic! Especially golden one.
How much is it?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I think the black one is 179 Euro, the golden +20 Euro. But that standard barrel 84E looks awfully long to my shaky eye...
Spencer

Re: Comp - Muzzle Brake Cleaner

Post by Spencer »

shadow wrote:...Does ultrasonic cleaning eliminate the need to pick and prod at crud inside a regular one piece comp?
yes - no - maybe.

When using white spirit as the solvent (make sure any plastic parts are not put in the white spirit), an ultrasonic bath will get must crud from most firearms parts, given enough time.

The need to 'pick and prod' is usually only for REALLY stubborn crud.
There are some really great commercial solvents available for ultrasonic cleaning, but either water, or white spirit seems to work for me.

In my experience with ultarsonic cleaning of firearms parts:
- for regular cleaning, 5 - 10 minutes gets most parts clean. I usually give the part/s 5 minutes, then inspect - if there is still crud, a bit of applied elbow grease with a bristle brush, then another 5 minutes normally is all that is needed.
- for stubborn crud, soaking in either degreaser or penetrating oil before putting the part/s in the cleaner usually gets the desired result.
- ultrasonic cleaning works a treat on black powder pistols. I can see machining marks on the inside of the chambers that I never knew were there.
- will not remove alox from an old set of lubrisizer dies that had been sitting in the back of a drawer for over a decade (boiling in water did the trick for these dies).

I have two ultarsonic baths in the workshop.
One with water as the solvent, and a spray of window cleaner on the parts to be cleaned (loosens up crud before putting in the cleaner bath) works on spectacles, wife's jewellery, etc.
The other uses white spirit as the solvent (as above). A hit with compressed air to get out/off any remaining solvent, followed by a coating of oil works well - the coating of oil is necessary as the cleaned parts are usually clean enough to start surface rust within a short period of time.

Spencer
jacques b gros

did you see the grouppings?

Post by jacques b gros »

No one mentioned the difference in the groupping of the shots!. The difference is fantastic!

and no mention either on the weight of the thing: 138g. At the end of a long barrel, this will destroy the pistol's balance.
AAlex

Post by AAlex »

The difference is fantastic!
Gotta take any claims from the manufacturer/seller with a grain of salt though. The group show difference between with/without the compensator. I wouldn't be surprized if when compared with stock compensator there would be no statistically significant difference.

P.S. Still want one!
jacques b gros

the weight is the problem

Post by jacques b gros »

AAlex wrote:
The difference is fantastic!
Gotta take any claims from the manufacturer/seller with a grain of salt though. The group show difference between with/without the compensator. I wouldn't be surprized if when compared with stock compensator there would be no statistically significant difference.

P.S. Still want one!
Alex, "fantastic" is close to "incredible" in this case... but this aside, I think the weight at the end of the barrel is the killing issue. 140g times the distance to the center of gravity multiplied by the size of Pamela Anderson's boobs (or whatever way you figure that force) is certainly too much.

Best
jacques b gros

Would it fit in a Hammerli 150

Post by jacques b gros »

Suppose I can lay my hands on a 150. If I snip off, say, 4cm from the barrel, would this compensator fit in the remaining "stub"?
Faisal Yamin

Post by Faisal Yamin »

Any one dealt with Martin Raabe ?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I take it you mean Marcus Raab. If so he is very good guy both him and his wife, from both a business and coaching standpoint.
Faisal Yamin

Post by Faisal Yamin »

Thank you I will communicate directly with him for the Comp.