FP Final world record

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mellberg

FP Final world record

Post by Mellberg »

Does anybody know what the record for just the final in FP is? I've seen results around 101 points, but someone must have shot a better final than that?
tt

?

Post by tt »

Do you intend to improve upon that record? :-)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I'm pretty sure that nobody will know that. There is certainly not an ISSF World Record as, by itself, it isn't an ISSF event.

Now if anyone has the time to go back through the scores from all of the qualifying matches since finals were introduced.........
Mellberg

Re: ?

Post by Mellberg »

tt wrote:Do you intend to improve upon that record? :-)
Just curiuos, but I could try at least. =)
I'm still trying to reach 99... shot 98,9 on the swedish national team selection for the european championships and a couple of +100 during training, but that doesn't really count.

But as I said, I was mostly curious. =)
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Yunusmetov (KAZ) just had a 565+101=666 to finish second in the China World Cup. Lin (CHN) was first with a 571+96.2=667.2 and Szarenski (USA) was third with 570+93.4=663.4.
tt

Start by adding the decimals to that 99 score...

Post by tt »

Best final score, with decimals?
Well, interesting.
An expanded aspect of same topic: What is the best 10 shot string, with decimals, ever shot during any qualification or final, during any world-cup, world champ. or olympic match?
With electronic targets of today, that could be calculated at the major matches.
Decimals are indicated for each shot at some (most) international competitions.

Take that 99-string of Daryl, add the decimals... in the 102 - 104 pts range, I quess.

(I have participated in the same qualification relay as Daryl in two international AP competitions. A few years back, but still...)
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

AP 585/60 = 9,75 add 0,5 = 10,25 * 10 = 102,5
FP 575/60 = 9,583 add 0,5 = 10,083 * 10 = 100,83
(And then I have been optimistic with 0,5 as the area less than 0,5 is larger than above 0,5)

One must remember that it is not entirely up to up to the competitor to decide when to release the shot! The time limit is 75 sec and it is hard to shoot your best in a final. Personally I would regard 101 in FP as good as 104 in AP. Possible, with luck!

Kent
Mellberg

Re: Start by adding the decimals to that 99 score...

Post by Mellberg »

tt wrote:Best final score, with decimals?
Well, interesting.
An expanded aspect of same topic: What is the best 10 shot string, with decimals, ever shot during any qualification or final, during any world-cup, world champ. or olympic match?
With electronic targets of today, that could be calculated at the major matches.
Decimals are indicated for each shot at some (most) international competitions.

Take that 99-string of Daryl, add the decimals... in the 102 - 104 pts range, I quess.

(I have participated in the same qualification relay as Daryl in two international AP competitions. A few years back, but still...)
Yeah well I was just thinking about finals. Shooting higher series during the qualification happens a lot, but it's a totally different thing. In AP I've shot 100p-series ranging from everything from 100,8 to 106,7 but it's those intense finals that really interest me. The mental pressure and the stress has some really nice effects on performance.
By the way, when Thomas Rose beat me in both AP and FP in Hannover last year he had a 99p in the FP. I think I had a really good final in the FP but the gap up to him was too big, like 7 points or something.

So anyhow... nobody knows about a really high final score in FP? Heard of anyone shooting a 10*10p in a final?
sportshooter

Post by sportshooter »

One chinese guy shot 101.3 in Bangkok and the same year (2004) one korean guy shot 101.3, also in Bangkok. :-)
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Final World Record was set by Bill Demarest (USA) on 4th June 2000 in the World Cup in Milan.
He used a Toz 35. Qualified with 577 and finals score of 99.2. New World record of 676.2.
The Olympic Record is 666.4 - back at Atlanta 1996 - Russian Boris Kokorev. But don't know his qualifying score.
As for the highest 'finals only' score, that's a hard one to track down.
ruig

Post by ruig »

John Ariani wrote: The Olympic Record is 666.4 - back at Atlanta 1996 - Russian Boris Kokorev. But don't know his qualifying score.
570 + 96,4
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Thanks Ruig. Interesting links. Freepistol is the oldest and still active olympic sport. Pistol shooting in it's purest form - 1 target at 50 meters, 60 shots in 2 hours. :-)

Br,
Ralf
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

er... um...
...and Rapid Fire Pistol

Spencer
Reader

Rapid Fire Pistol have changed quite some, recently.

Post by Reader »

Spencer wrote:
...and Rapid Fire Pistol

Spencer
Not to start any long discussion over this topic, but RFP has changed over the years. In the last years: targets, and ammo.

Free Pistol has remained much the same. Well, time cut down from 2 1/2 to 2 hours. But that´s about it.
J.Hoes

Post by J.Hoes »

In 2005 ISSF restricted Free pistol calibre from any .22 rimfire cartridge to .22LR.
scerir

Re: FP Final world record

Post by scerir »

Mellberg wrote:Does anybody know what the record for just the final in FP is? I've seen results around 101 points, but someone must have shot a better final than that?
Check the FP WC final in Milan, years 1992 or 1993 or 1994, I do not remember exactly. But (in one of those finals) all the 8 competitors scored > 100.
ruig

Offtopic

Post by ruig »

Offtopic picture ))
hm...

Taken from www.shooting-ua.com