Anschutz LP @

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
A.J. Tourigny

Anschutz LP @

Post by A.J. Tourigny »

I am thinking of buying an Anschutz LP @. Does anyone have comments on them before i buy one?
jipe

Post by jipe »

Well, it is made in the same factory and is almost identical to an LP10 (the barrel, compensator and front sight are different but provide the same performances as the LP10, the grip shape is slightly different too) with all the good points that make the LP10 the most sold/used AP.

You cannot go wrong with this pistol.
A.J. Tourigny

Anschutz LP @

Post by A.J. Tourigny »

But the Problem with the LP10 is that it has a shroud over the barrel making it a lot heavier then neccesary!
Dogchaser

Re: Anschutz LP @

Post by Dogchaser »

A.J. Tourigny wrote:But the Problem with the LP10 is that it has a shroud over the barrel making it a lot heavier then neccesary!
This was one of the main reasons I wanted an LP@. I will see how the LP2 does for me this week.
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

The Anschutz LP@ is an excellent air pistol. No negative comments here.
More info at these links: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
pauln

Post by pauln »

Not sure how accurate the factory figures are, but for what they are worth.
Anschutz LP@ aprox weitht 1.02kg
LP10. 9.68G

The real weights would depend on the density of the wood etc.

Maybe somebody could weigh there pistols for us, be interesting to know the real difference
jipe

Post by jipe »

The LP10 weigth is similar to the weight of all other match pistol, its even on the low side. This shroud may look heavy but isn't, its weight is lower than the rod for additional weights used on many other pistols.

I weigthed my LP10 with a M grip at 996g. You can save some weight by using the old cylinders without built-in manometers (they weight about 15g less)

I also weighted the LP@ light of my wife (short barrel, short cylinder version of the LP@) with an XS grip at 780g.

The normal LP@ is actually slightly heavier than the LP10. The reasons are the heavier compensator and the rod under the cylinder for additional weights (you can remove it if you want) that is heavier than the shroud around the barrel of the LP10.

Now, excepted for small female shooters, I do not think that the weight of current match AP is a real issue.

If you look at what top shooters use (look at issf TV), you will see that all male and almost all female shooters use full size pistols and that many of them have put some additional weights on their pistol.

About the LP2, indeed, it weight less but has also less adjustments possibilities and no absorber.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

jipe wrote:...Now, excepted for small female shooters, I do not think that the weight of current match AP is a real issue.

If you look at what top shooters use (look at issf TV), you will see that all male and almost all female shooters use full size pistols and that many of them have put some additional weights on their pistol...
Do not forget that almost all of these shooters also are following a rigorous fitness and training programme.
The use of 'heavier' pistols does not necessarily translate to being beneficial for the part-time shooter.

You can always add weight to a lighter pistol.

Spencer
jipe

Post by jipe »

Spencer wrote:
jipe wrote:...Now, excepted for small female shooters, I do not think that the weight of current match AP is a real issue.

If you look at what top shooters use (look at issf TV), you will see that all male and almost all female shooters use full size pistols and that many of them have put some additional weights on their pistol...
Do not forget that almost all of these shooters also are following a rigorous fitness and training programme.
The use of 'heavier' pistols does not necessarily translate to being beneficial for the part-time shooter.

You can always add weight to a lighter pistol.

Spencer
Well, I think that in order to shoot reasonably well a 60 pellets AP match (whatever the level), adult male shooters should be in good condition, at least in a condition were a 1kg pistol is not an issue. For juniors and female, it might be different.

What I said about additional weights is also valid for part-time shooters, I referred to ISSF TV just because you can see videos there.

Finally, the LP10 with its shroud is definitely not an heavy pistol compared to the others. It is close to the FWB P44 advertised as a light pistol and the other most used pistol the Morini is as far as I know slightly heavier.

Now if you look for a pistol being both at the top and really light, the only choice is the LP@ light, the other options are either heavier or less featured.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Jipe - while it is ideal that a shooter should be in excellent physical condition in order to shoot an AP60 match, the reality is that many of us are not in excellent physical condition. As a result, many of us can benefit from lighter pistols.

When I started shooting competitively I was in good physical condition, but the demands of my work and life in general have taken their toll on my shoulders. The net result is that I cannot shoot a heavy pistol, nor can I shoot one that is muzzle-heavy. As a result I shoot a CM162EI Short for AP as it's the only pistol I've found so far that offers the right combination of both low weight and correct balance. My daughter's LP300 comes very close.

With that having been said, I hope you'll now understand that some shooters actually NEED equipment that is lighter or shorter than the ideal. Total weight and balance of the pistol is critical - sometimes a light, short pistol is the only thing that will allow a shooter who loves the sport to continue participating.
jipe

Re: Anschutz LP @

Post by jipe »

Mark Briggs wrote:With that having been said, I hope you'll now understand that some shooters actually NEED equipment that is lighter or shorter than the ideal. Total weight and balance of the pistol is critical - sometimes a light, short pistol is the only thing that will allow a shooter who loves the sport to continue participating.
Yes, of course I can understand that, there are special cases. What I was saying is generally speaking.

The CM162EI is a very good pistol, it has some advantages and also disadvantages compared to the LP@ light, but if low weight is the most important, as far as I know, the LP@ light weights less than the Morini short. Did you check the weight of your CM162EI short ?

Now the original subject was not the LP@ light but the full size LP@ as a "light" option compared to the LP10 and
A.J. Tourigny wrote:But the Problem with the LP10 is that it has a shroud over the barrel making it a lot heavier then neccesary!
These two statements are wrong:
- the LP10 weights actually less than the full size LP@
- the lp10 barrel shroud doesn't make it a lot heavier than necessary, as it weight less than the rod used by most other pistols.
TenX

Post by TenX »

Bu with the LP @ you can take the weight rod off.. you can't take the shroud off the LP10.
jipe

Post by jipe »

TenX wrote:Bu with the LP @ you can take the weight rod off.. you can't take the shroud off the LP10.
Sure, but it modifies the pistol balance and of course you cannot put additional weights anymore. Many shooters put small weights at the front of the barrel to reduce small muzzle movements.
TenX

Post by TenX »

jipe wrote:

Sure, but it modifies the pistol balance and of course you cannot put additional weights anymore. Many shooters put small weights at the front of the barrel to reduce small muzzle movements.

But putting more weight torwards the front of the barrel may stop little movements, but if there is movement it will exagerate it, giving it more momentum.
tohenk2

Post by tohenk2 »

My daughter uses a Pardini k2s light. It has a full lenght bore and a longer sight then my own Steyr LP10. And it weighs less then the short version - I guess the barrel is less thick etc.

The extra weights I use on my own LP10 dampen the movement (2nd law of Newton - and by the time the gun realy moves my nerves are already jerking it in another direction. Try it when competing :-)
AJ008

Post by AJ008 »

I love mine! It's very accurate like any other top AP or the Steyrs. I did take weight rod off of mine and put a Steyr trigger shoe on it.
somewhereinla

Post by somewhereinla »

I shoot an LP@ and love it. It's basically an LP10. I do like the grip better on the LP@ than on the Steyr (both grips are made by Morini but do have a different design). Both are great pistol you probably will never outgrow.