fwb 65 seals

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

trudawg

fwb 65 seals

Post by trudawg »

Can anyone give me a phone number for parts or for someone to work on a fwb65 pistol seal..... both the cone and the nylon rod need replaced....How much.... best regards..... travis
deliterman

seals

Post by deliterman »

go to harbor feieght , just got 225 metric seals for 4 bucks.
woodenidol

Re: seals

Post by woodenidol »

deliterman wrote:go to harbor feieght , just got 225 metric seals for 4 bucks.
I'm another poor soul struggling to find new seals for my FWB 65 air pistol. Where exactly on www.harborfreight.com folks spotted it last time. I can't find any seals.
Thank you.
RB6

Post by RB6 »

The FWB 65 pistol seals the piston with a steel or iron ring much like an automobile piston ring. There is a cone seal between the sliding chamber and barrel and the rod that you speak of is a chamber bumper stop. I am goin on a 15 year memory span when i did my 65. When i replaced the piston ring it was in perfect condition and did not require replacement. Fwb claim that the ring wear is similar to driving thousands of miles in a car. so try to think how many piston cycles there are in that many miles, you would have to fire that many shots to wear out the piston ring/seal. I did chronograph the pistol prior to the replacement parts and on completion there was an increase of approx 50 fps or somewhere in that area. I believe the increase was due to the barrel/chamber seal. Mine was somewhat beat up as was the chamber bumper. I got the parts from pilkguns and also detailed instructions from pilkguns gunsmith. Bear in mind this was 15 years ago. The piston seal is probably ok, i dont think it should be replaced, but the barrel seal will likely make an improvement in velocity. Using the correct lubricant in the piston and sliding chamber is critical. The FWB is a highly close tolerant pistol and i dont recommend doing this work unless you have the necessary skills. I have put 50,000 shots through the pistol since the O/H without any loss of performance.
regards