Tesro 0.32

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JamesH

Tesro 0.32

Post by JamesH »

Does anyone have experience with this pistol?
On paper it looks ergonomically perfect and some nice features. On the sole example I have handled the balance, trigger, sights were all very good.

However I've heard too many stories about them.
The originals needed two or three trips back to the factory for 'upgrades', barrels which won't shoot straight, importers won't touch them any more, there are very few in use anywhere etc.

Whats the story either way?
jipe

Post by jipe »

Which one are you talking aabout: TS32, TS32-2 or the latest TS32-3 ?

This latest one in 22lr (TS22-3) seems to work fine.

But the prices jumped to real summit: 1475Euros for the TS22-3 and 1560 for the TS32-3 !! Not so far from the price of a Walther SSP.

Tesro has also a "conversion" to upgrade (correct the design flaws ?) the old ones to the Txx-3 version, it costs:
- 530 Euros for the conversion to TS22-3
- 710 Euros for the conversion to TS32-3, yes you read well, its just a little less than 50% of a new one !!!
JamesH

Tesro 0.32

Post by JamesH »

I guess it would be the TS32-3, I would be looking to buy new.
I heard about the 'upgrades' - is the cycle over?
jipe

Re: Tesro 0.32

Post by jipe »

JamesH wrote:I heard about the 'upgrades' - is the cycle over?
Who knows ? The TS22-3 and TS32-3 are pretty new (October 2007), so little feedback and limited use, probably too few bullet shot to let problems appear.

The good point is that Tesro provides a solution for the owners of the previous, problematic models, the bad point is that this solution is pretty expensive, especially for the TS32.

On the other hand, there are not so many options for a modern .32 match pistol and all other options have also drawbacks/weak points.
JamesH

Tesro

Post by JamesH »

OK, so if the last upgrade was October 07 I'll give it a bit more time to see how it shakes out.
You're right, there is not much choice in match 0.32s.
jipe

Post by jipe »

By the way, just for curiosity, what's the price of a TS32-3 in Australia ?
JamesH

Tesro

Post by JamesH »

Not sure, 0.32s are advertised at A$2400, don't know which upgrade.
http://www.rpgfirearms.com.au/TESRO.htm
I've asked for a price on a latest model 0.32 elsewhere
David M

Tesro's

Post by David M »

I have a couple of Tesro's that are the origional pistols. Over the last 2 1/2 years the .22's have been altered/modified to become competitive pistols.(I used my Tesro to win Standard pistol at this years Nationals.)

Basically the pistol was released to soon, without all the development work done. I think that I now have a reasonable .22 pistol for both rapid and standard.

The work has now been started (progressing very well) on the .32, with one of the major bugs (feeding/stovepiping) now sloved and the gun shooting well. Both the .22/.32 still have the slide pin breakage problem (fixed by buying a new slide assy.)

The real problem appears to be in Germany, with little or no support from the factory for those who purchased early pistols in fixing problems and the factory wanting to charge for repairs including design breakages.

There are a number of upgraded/returned pistols available now back in the country (price unknown) but no model 3's at all.

I am not sure if any further imports will be made until these problems between the importer and the factory get resolved.

I could see the good points of these pistols, but now I wonder if they are worth all the agro. Maybe just wait and see what happens.
JamesH

Tesro 32-3

Post by JamesH »

Thanks for the update David, well done at the nationals!
I guess I'll wait and see how the 0.32 shakes out.
jipe

Re: Tesro's

Post by jipe »

David M wrote:The real problem appears to be in Germany, with little or no support from the factory for those who purchased early pistols in fixing problems and the factory wanting to charge for repairs including design breakages
As said in my previous post, in Europe Tesro propose a support, but owners have to pay the high price for it, i.e. 530 Euros for the TS22 and 710 Euros for the TS32, i.e. 46% of the price of a new gun !

Now, I can understand their problem: the upgrade is a major/expensive one (new slider...) they are a small new company with limited financial possibilities => they probably just cannot afford financially to upgrade the pistols for free.

The second problem of Tesro, is that their guns became pretty expensive compared to the competition:
- their PA1-2 AP is now the second most expensive one just after the FWB P44, so it is more expensive than the two leading pistols, i.e. the LP10 and the 162EI (they have a cheaper package with only one cylinder, to make the comparison fair, it is made with the two cylinder price seen that the LP10 and 162EI come always with two cylinders)
- the 22lr is at the third place, only the FWB AW93 and the Walther SSP are more expensive.

This combined with the technical problems encountered (leakage of cylinders for the PA10-2 for instance), is a major commercial problem for Tesro.

It is less a problem for the .32 where there is less competitors.
JamesH

Tesro 32-3

Post by JamesH »

Don't get me wrong, its a neat design with good features - all in all it looks an feels the best pistol available for centrefire and standard.
I would like to buy one, but I'd like them to pay for the R+D.