New vs Old CM84E Compensator????

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Swoffer

New vs Old CM84E Compensator????

Post by Swoffer »

Does anyone know if there is a difference in performance in the 2 compensators? My pistol was delivered with the new (long) one but the pistol is so long it won't fit in any pistol case. Performance is nice with the new one but not sure I want to buy a new gun case just to accommodate the length. It would be cheaper to purchase the old compensator if there is little difference in performance. Appreciate anyone shedding light on this.
Thanks
Ernie Rodriguez

Compensator

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Have the old one-it is pretty good.You have to clean ports occasionally. I don't use it anymore and can't give you a comparison since I never tried the new one.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

You might want to read this previous thread
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

And to make it even harder to decide, look on this

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=17386&start=0

The compensator for 162 is now made for 84E as well.
One member here in TT has bought one but he has to come forward himself when he feels ready for a statement.

Kent
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Kent, Stale, All:

Any more news on the new compensator design? Any specifics about how it changes "feel" or "group size?"

I followed the link to the (Swedish?) page and while the pictures looked interesting I couldn't read any of the text . . .

Steve

[Yes while I'm a skeptical old grouch (took me 2 years to accept the possibilities of electronic trigger) I do like to keep up with design improvements]
ruig

Post by ruig »

toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Can anyone confirm the maker of these three pistols?:

http://www.shumilin.ru/shooting/iwa2008 ... C00504.JPG

They look like they are with some Drulov equipment, but I don't see them listed on the Drulov website. They look a bit like the Aeron Spider, but the seperator and rear sight are significantly different.

Anyone know?

toznerd
ruig

Post by ruig »

toznerd wrote:Can anyone confirm the maker of these three pistols?
It was "TAU BRNO CZ"
from left to right:

mk8 match, mk8 short, mk8 match

seems to be test models... not mass production yet
philgoff

Post by philgoff »

Does anyone have any more info on this compensator?

Who is it made by, and is it on sale anywhere?

Cheers
Tycho (not @ home)

Post by Tycho (not @ home) »

Yep, it's made by a german guy. I think his name is Matthias Raabe. I have his card somewhere in the office. If you're interested, send me a pm and I'll look it up next week. Costs about 190 Euro.
psf32

Post by psf32 »

philgoff wrote:
Does anyone have any more info on this compensator?

Who is it made by, and is it on sale anywhere?

Cheers
I came accross it the other day on this site

http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index.php ... etail=1330
Rube

Post by Rube »

For the uninitiated - what is the benefit of this thing (or compensators in general)? It claims to improve group size...how?

I'll go climb back on the turnip truck and wait for an answer.
Fred.Mannis

Post by Fred.Mannis »

Rube wrote:For the uninitiated - what is the benefit of this thing (or compensators in general)? It claims to improve group size...how?
According to the ad: Der kompensator absorbiet die Luftwibel vor und hinter dem Projektil Not sure what Luftwibel means, but in effect the compensator removes the turbulent air in front of and behind the projectile. This makes for a more uniform trajectory and smaller group
But.....

Post by But..... »

But if the test target that came with my FP shows a relatively small 1-hole group anyway, how much incremental benefit can I expect? Is it worth 200+ Euros? I guess it must be, otherwise they wouldn't sell. But there must be something more to it than simply a small reduction in group size.

Anyone?

Munching on my turnip. (reminiscent of Tobacco Road)
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I talked to Raabe in Winterthur (Euro Champs). He says that his 84E with the "Star Wars comp" (my name for it, not his) brings 11mm, consistently. Now that's pretty good, AFAIT definitely a improvement over factory groups, even if I'm not good enough (by miles) to profit from it. I'll buy one nonetheless, for the collection :-D And it's a interesting design competition, HWC against Raabe against Ronny Nilsson...
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Sorry, Martin Raabe, not Matthias. Just looked it up.
Fred Mannis

Compensator Testing

Post by Fred Mannis »

Tycho wrote:I talked to Raabe in Winterthur (Euro Champs). He says that his 84E with the "Star Wars comp" (my name for it, not his) brings 11mm, consistently. Now that's pretty good, AFAIT definitely a improvement over factory groups, even if I'm not good enough (by miles) to profit from it. I'll buy one nonetheless, for the collection :-D And it's a interesting design competition, HWC against Raabe against Ronny Nilsson...
Tycho,
We are all waiting with baited breath for your competitive analysis report - same gun, same ammo, with the different compensators. Steve Swartz can help you (if needed) with the statistical analysis. LOL

Fred
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

But..... wrote:But if the test target that came with my FP shows a relatively small 1-hole group anyway, how much incremental benefit can I expect? Is it worth 200+ Euros? I guess it must be, otherwise they wouldn't sell. But there must be something more to it than simply a small reduction in group size.
My FP gives ~20mm groups, so 11mm is a big improvement. If you are a World Cup class competitor if might be important. On the other hand, if it destroys the balance of your pistol (because of the weight), there could be a decrease in your score :-) For me, it would be a total waste of money.
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

This is all good conversation. I have a new style compensator from Morini. I like it but can not really comment on improvement. My scores have not made some magic jump. But it is cool and lets face it; though most of us want to talk about shooting top scores, many of us really enjoy the cool world class toys more than the effort to shoot world class scores.

Two questions:

1. I am going to have to get a rifle case to because the barrel/compensator combination is so long it does not fit the factory case! Presently I remove the compensator to carry to and from the range and this changes the point of impact on the target.

2. Are there and world class competitors actually using any of these compensators or are these just gimics for those of us who enjoy toys?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Actually, I think the biggest benefit of strange, golden compensators lies in the distraction of your competitors. So the thing to monitor would be the scores of the people shooting against you :-D