FWB 65 sight question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brayhaven

FWB 65 sight question

Post by Brayhaven »

I bought a FWB mod 65 and love it. I have a question about sight adjustments. The info page on this gun at Pilkguns says, "if the shots are high, turn towards "H". Same with "R" if they're to the right. This would seem to be opposite from US sight adjustment, where you turn towards R to move the strike of the bullet to the right... Is this info correct? Is it the same on the German originating (with German letters) Anschutz aperture sights?
Thanks for any help. I'm a little new to this :o).
Greg
bruce

Post by bruce »

in a word, yes. :)
The sights are adjusted in the direction of the error.
And yes, it's the same as Anschutz sights.
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

I guess the Germans are so practical and realistic that they base the adjustment on where the shots are (as proven by the evidence on the target) and not where we wish, desire, and hope they might be!

toznerd
Brayhaven

Post by Brayhaven »

toznerd wrote:I guess the Germans are so practical and realistic that they base the adjustment on where the shots are (as proven by the evidence on the target) and not where we wish, desire, and hope they might be!

toznerd
Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate your experience. I just installed an Anschutz sight set on my muzzle loading open class offhand rifle for a shoot this weekend and was wondering about it. Great group of target shooters here!
Greg
JoeG

Too......

Post by JoeG »

The simple reminder is to think "too" before the setting, ie "too" right, "too" high, etc. Joe G.