Morini 162 EI muzzle compensator ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ksoskiller

Morini 162 EI muzzle compensator ?

Post by ksoskiller »

Hello

I'm going to order a morini 162 Ei and i would like to change the muzzle compensator by a custom one

Where may i find this compensator ? or a other type ?

Best regards
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Why do you feel the need to go away from the factory comp? Do you have test data that shows the other comp is more effective than what the factory supplies?

Just curious.

Stan
ksoskiller

Post by ksoskiller »

IPshooter wrote:Why do you feel the need to go away from the factory comp? Do you have test data that shows the other comp is more effective than what the factory supplies?

Just curious.

Stan
Hello

No i have no test about it, but the morini compensator seems older than the lp 10 or Tesro PA 10-2 or either moderm air pistol whith conic muzzle.

Daniel
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

If you search this site for the following title "Swedish built compensator for a Morini AP ?" you should find everything you are looking for.

If that doesn't work, search my name Brian James and you will find the thread.

I have shot the sweedish comp, and it does seem to make a difference, but how much is debatable. There is a difference in "feel", but what does that workout into points? Hard to say - my average stayed the same.

Brian
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

If you search this site for the following title "Swedish built compensator for a Morini AP ?" you should find everything you are looking for.

If that doesn't work, search my name Brian James and you will find the thread.

I have shot the sweedish comp, and it does seem to make a difference, but how much is debatable. There is a difference in "feel", but what does that workout into points? Hard to say - my average stayed the same.

Brian
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

ksoskiller wrote:
IPshooter wrote:Why do you feel the need to go away from the factory comp? Do you have test data that shows the other comp is more effective than what the factory supplies?
No i have no test about it, but the morini compensator seems older than the lp 10 or Tesro PA 10-2 or either moderm air pistol whith conic muzzle.
I don't understand what age has to do with it. Why would you want to order a new gun and immediately change the compensator without any reason other than the age of the design.
Fred Mannis

Old Designs

Post by Fred Mannis »

David Levene wrote:
ksoskiller wrote:
I don't understand what age has to do with it. Why would you want to order a new gun and immediately change the compensator without any reason other than the age of the design.
Sometimes the older design is a better design. For example, it appears that the original John M. Browning design for the firing pin stop on the M1911 pistol (c. 1915) is better than the more recent modifications!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, the Morini comp is no comp at all. It's only a barrel shroud with slits. You don't believe this, put one from the SAM M10 on (fits perfectly, even the front sight), shoot 40 shots, and change back...
stale guest

swedish comp

Post by stale guest »

It is far better and is actually working.
I did test this, shooting live rounds in both rika and Scatt simulators.
The muzzle movement was reduced with more than 50% compared to
original. The average grouping seems to be better as well.
(not that the grouping in a Morini is bad, it is actually better than the others.)

Stale

PB training 60 shots 594
PB Competition 60 shots 587
All with CM162MI with the swede comp.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

I think that you are not up to date, I tried this today.

Kent
fred.mannis

Post by fred.mannis »

Kent,
What is the picture? The 'Swedish comp'?

Fred
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Someone is pulling your leg for sure.

My personal apologies for the cruel sense of humor of some of those in this forum.

The only way to tell if one comp is better than another (or better than no comp at all) is with a "scientific test."*

Don't fall for the "Turn Your Snake Into A Love Monster" crap that is floating around . . . for air pistols or anything else for that matter!

Steve Swartz

* you have to shoot a statistically significant number of trials IN YOUR GUN for brand x vs brand y and then compare the CEP between the two "treatments."
David M

Air Testing

Post by David M »

Some years ago, for the Sydney Olympics, we did a whole heap of testing of barrels, compensator's and configurations for both the Air and Free pistols.
One of the results was that the Air pistol compensator (tried 6 or 7 different styles) was next to useless. There is not enough air to make them work.
They change the apparent feel of the pistol but do nothing for the group.

The best thing for the Airpistol was to have a really good crown on the barrel and alter the velocity, along with pellet testing for diameter and weight, to achieve the tightest group.
For my Morini this was found to be approx 140-142 m/s ( a little slower than the factory 150 m/s).
You should be able to achieve a three hole group that will be able to support a unfired pellet in the hole.

The Free pistol was a different story, and I still use the custom compensator on it.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Steve Swartz wrote:Someone is pulling your leg for sure.

My personal apologies for the cruel sense of humor of some of those in this forum.

"
If you regard my photo as a joke I will take it away today!
Just let me know...

Kent
ksoskiller

Post by ksoskiller »

Reinhamre wrote:
Steve Swartz wrote:Someone is pulling your leg for sure.

"
If you regard my photo as a joke I will take it away today!
Just let me know...

Kent
Hello

Ho! Ho ! what a nice comp !
could you tell me where i can find it or an other custom model to purchase ? in US or EU , it does'nt matter !

Daniel
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Kent:

No offense intended; my comment wasn't directed at your post (or Stales post for that matter) or picture. My comment was made "in general" specifically to be taken "in general." My apologies if the timing of my response seemed to be triggered by your picture.

Shooters- especially new shooters- seem to be particularly prone to chasing promises of a variety of "improvements." Many turn out to be "pixie dust" (cryo treating, moly coating, etc.) but if you believe in them, they will make you happier, and happier shooters shoot better.

I don't know if various compensator designs for APs fall into that category, but I suspect many would.

David M's sentiments reflect what many large organizations have found after testing many different types of compensators.

The key for accuracy is stable air released uniformly around the skirt as it clears the muzzle. Compensator designs that contribute to that process would certainly help. But a properly crowned barrel and uniform pellet skirts are probably important too.

While theoretically it would seem that various benefits could be achieved by various "metering" designs of the gas around the muzzle, I am not aware* of any significant testing beyond anecdotal that would indicate that they have any measurable effect on accuracy.

I am intrigued by the design you show on the picture- have you done any testing with it? Is this the same "Swedish Comp" that apparently Stale is referring to?

Stale, how did you test for reduced muzzle movement and improved accuracy of the "Swedish Comp?"

Steve Swartz

*Of course I'm not aware of every single test ever done. There are indeed many improvements that have been made in equipment technology and design over the years, and it is impossible to stay aware of every potential improvement.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Steve - the "swedish comp" is the one which is featured in the photo linked in the originating post in this thread. I've had a chance to shoot a limited number of shots through one of these Swedish designs and have to say that it offers a different feeling than the stock Morini comp.

Kent's looks like a 100% custom device. Like you, I'm interested to hear about his results.

Also, like you, I've found the comp to have almost immeasureable effect on group size when fired from a vise. Overall, the comp is there to change the feel of the pistol as it fires, not to significantly shrink group size.

As you've mentioned before, if it feels good and makes you happy, go for it!
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

The compensator is now also made for FP84E
It may become standard on a Morini, can we hear news from the chief in command?

Kent
jipe

Post by jipe »

Some info: http://www.interprodukter.se/nyheter.htm (click on 'Nyheter').
psf32

Post by psf32 »

I have had the Blow-out Kompensator on my morini air pistol for two weeks now and have found it dose change the feel of the pistol as it fires to such extent that the few people that have tried it commented on how different it was to shoot and it was an improvement.