legal grip materials

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Houngan

legal grip materials

Post by Houngan »

I can't seem to deduce this from the rulebook or find it on the forum, so here goes: What materials can I legally use on my AP grip?

I have a basic wooden grip, but after much sanding and experimenting, I also have some leather glued on in places. Provided all the angles are legal, would this make the pistol illegal?

H.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

There is no specification for the materials you can use on grips for pistols. Leather used as you describe is no problem at all.

Rifle shooters are not so lucky. Rule 7.4.3.2.1 prohibits them from using "Material that gives increased grip" on their "pistol grips". Whether leather would fall foul of that rule is questionable. It would probably depend on the type of finish of the leather.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Good, because I have some skateboard tape on there, too.

H.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Houngan wrote:Good, because I have some skateboard tape on there, too.

H.
I like skateboard tape also, but prefer moleskin to leather. Softer, easily removed or renewed.
Albert B

grip material

Post by Albert B »

I use scotch tape (the 'paper' kind used also when painting) - have used it in international ISSF matches. There was never a comment about it.

Albert B
(The Netherlands)

Post by Guest »

I used step traction paint the stuff you put on your outside wood stairs basiclly paint with sand in it.