Air pistol shooting live

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Reinhamre

Air pistol shooting live

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,
Here is an opportunity to see live shooting from Swedish Cup!

http://www.swedishcup.nu/

Our Mellberg has No 3 Relay 4, see how he shoots in real matches.
I think any of you can feel at home in this starting field.
(As for me I stay at home training)

Kent
Frafjord

Post by Frafjord »

I stay home practice to.. I shot 572 today. My first time over 570;)
Im going to Hell Open next week for my first time... http://www.hellopen.com/
pauln

Post by pauln »

Frafjord wrote:I stay home practice to.. I shot 572 today. My first time over 570;)
Good shooting!!
pauln

Re: Air pistol shooting live

Post by pauln »

Reinhamre wrote:Hi,

Kent
Thats a neat web site thanks for the link
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

No 13 Relay 4 Lindgren has a Morini 162 E SHORT!
There have been a discussion on TT if the short model was OK.
No 9 Relay 4 Krabb has a LP 10

Kent
Frafjord

Post by Frafjord »

pauln wrote:
Frafjord wrote:I stay home practice to.. I shot 572 today. My first time over 570;)
Good shooting!!
Thx.. ;)

I Just realised im gona stay next to Mellberg on day 2 in Hell Open next week.. ;)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Kent
I think he had a bad day (yesterday) - no where near what he normally scores.

Rob.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

[quote="RobStubbs"

Rob.[/quote]

Sure he had a bad day, so had Krabb and Lindgren too.
What we can learn from this is that even the top shooters have bad days and a 7 happen to us all.
This competition is also a qualification to the European Championship so it is important to some participants. A bad day one is hard to compensate.

I hope that earlier discussion if a short Morini will be as good as an ordinary 162, can be settled now when Lindgren shows what it can do, in the right hands. He has made 582 in late 2007.

Kent
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

RobStubbs wrote:

Kent

Rob.
Stumbled over this thread by misstake (was looking for something ee). And yes, I had a really REALLY bad day. Actually a really bad week, and it didn't get very much better at Hell Open i Norway.
Actually I shot so bad that first day that I after 40 shots just had to make a little score counting, just to have something to laugh at and relax a little for the last 20 shots. Here's the math:
With 20 shots left in the match I had to shoot 199/200 to score even with my personal worst! Hehe, yeah... like that would happen at that time? =)
Looking back at this it was a very strange feeling shooting that bad all of a sudden. I've been so spoiled with the fact that even if I may not shoot 575 everytime, I shoot +570 pretty much all the time. My worst match ever was actually 566 up until then. But that was before SC-08. =)
Oh well, I shot a couple of good matches after that 576-577 so I'm not very worried about it.

An interesting fact is that the general scores were extremely low except for a couple of results from the finnish shooter Kai Janson. Last year you needed 574 or something to even make finals and Anders Bonander shot 584 and +100 in the final etc etc.

Just a reflection... =)
coker

Post by coker »

Hi guys,

It is amazing how you people in Europe have so much fun and are so competitive on this matches. I shoot AP and FP and I promissed my Swedish nephews that I will visit them soon. ( Stockholm) .
Now,
How can I (from the US) sneak into your matches? regulations for foreign citizens, flying to the country with my AP, etc, etc.
I am so pasionate on AP that I am willing to visit my relatives and bring my gun along.

Information will be very appreciated,

thanks,

Mike.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,
There is no regulations on air pistol but for a free pistol you need this paperwork
http://www.polisen.se/mediaarchive/4347 ... 1_0505.pdf

Kent
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

You should also know that AP in Sweden is basicly only shot when it's to cold to have competitions outside. Basicly the AP season starts in october and ends in april. So if you want to compete in AP here you're gonna have to hurry up. =)
I know people from Denmark occasionally come up to Sweden to compete in AP and FP and I'm sure you are very welcome!
If you give a generic date I can point out some nice competitions for you, and often these are held along with centerfire and standard pistol as well.

Some competitions (at least up here where I live, 600km from Stockholm) we usually have weekend-shootings. For example 2x2 FP competitions in one weekend.
coker

Post by coker »

ohhh, that is very interesting, I though that in Sweden people shoots mostly air, like those countries with a very high restriction in firearms. It is always scary to bring a firearm into another country, but I think it will be even worst to bring that same gun back to the states. I am sure with a lot of paper work and time it is all posible. but..
thanks again,
c.
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

With the correct papers you will have no problems getting any (almost) gun into Sweden. I know some people who shoot PPC and IPSC that are traveling around Europe with lots (and I mean LOTS) of guns, and a lot of people come to Sweden to compete in PPC/IPSC as well. They don't seem to have any trouble.

And nope, AP is almost considered something for the kids and the "sport-geeks" that actually want to evolve into something other than brass-producing field/magnum/etc-shooters. =)
Here fieldshooting is the most popular event, unfortunately. The best fieldshooters would make great standard and centerfire competitors.

The AP-competition that would probably suit you best is most likely the Swedish Cup, held after new year each year. It's an international AP/AR competition during 3 days. However it's 11 months away from now and the location sucks in almost all aspects (accomodation, climate, transportation, etc) and besides the shooting there is alomst nothing you can really do in that small town.

If you would come here, aproximately when would that be? And what area? You said Stockholm, right? (I am from Stockholm, been living there for 27 years).
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Mellberg wrote: And nope, AP is almost considered something for the kids and the "sport-geeks" that actually want to evolve into something other than brass-producing field/magnum/etc-shooters. =)
Here fieldshooting is the most popular event, unfortunately. The best fieldshooters would make great standard and centerfire competitors.
Sounds like the U.S. lol
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Hehe, yeah pretty much. =)
A big difference tho is that here you must compete at some level to even own a gun. I can only imagine if all those field shooters would start shooting ISSF events instead. We are talking about thousands and thousands of pistol shooters that actually are competing and some of them are really good at it. But it won't matter how many swedish championships you win in field shooting, because you don't get abroad in a national team.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Mellberg wrote:Hehe, yeah pretty much. =)
A big difference tho is that here you must compete at some level to even own a gun. I can only imagine if all those field shooters would start shooting ISSF events instead. We are talking about thousands and thousands of pistol shooters that actually are competing and some of them are really good at it. But it won't matter how many swedish championships you win in field shooting, because you don't get abroad in a national team.
Does the Swedish equivalent of our USAS have programs or incentives to attract some of these field shooters to the ISSF sport? Few Bullseye/PPC/IPSC/Cowboy shooters in the U.S. shoot ISSF pistol at, let's say, a national level. And those that do receive little encouragement (from what I hear)
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Right now I feel that nothing happens at all. I think we have like 10 pistol shooters in the whole country that actually take the shooting seriously enough to practice and compete enough. And the quality is painfully low compared to 20 years ago when Skanaker & Co were in the game and regularly shot +570 in FP and ~590 in AP. Anything lower than 570 in standard pistol and 580 in centerfire was nothing. My coach had an average of 588 in centerfire for a whole year including world championships (which he has won) etc and people would take olympic quotas.

I'm a very new shooter (bought my first .22 pistol in the summer of 2003) so I havn't seen all that much but my feeling is that the new shooters can't produce that kind of results because we are so few and we have all the pressure on us. And the people who run things are spoiled with Skanaker & Co and they want us to be that good. The qualification score to even be considered going abroad and shoot FP is 562. How often does that happen? Well, me and another guy shot 565 last year and I think those were the only results above 560 for a couple of years. I shot 578 a couple of times last year on international competitions in AP and I don't think I will be shooting very much abroad this year except for the world university shooting championships in Beijing after the olympics. And I have to pay for all of it out my own pocket.

The recruiting is zero and the situation doesn't look good. We have a lot of +570 AP shooters, but the people in charge don't care very much to send them (us) abroad. We have to shoot +580 (the qualification for AP is 582 + some other factors).

The only pistol shooters today who seem the be successful are the PPC-shooters and they do everything on their own. I was shooting PPC for a couple of years and we went to the European Championships (I actually got me a gold and a silver in the Expert-class). We have a whole bunch of High Master class shooters and one of the, Torben Rundqvist has won the World Championships etc. His wife has been in the olympics shooting 25m and AP.
coker

Post by coker »

Wow,
and I though going to Sweden to visit my relatives and enjoy some of the Swedish/European circuit, looks to me that they are having the same transformation into practical shooting like we here in the US.
or is it that Mellberg is just a bit dissapointed.?? can it be happening around the world too?
MattW

Post by MattW »

I dunno - it all sounds great to me - try the UK if you want to feel good about your own countries' shooting sports.

best
Matt