TOZ-35 and TOZ-35M parts interchangability

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dixon

TOZ-35 and TOZ-35M parts interchangability

Post by dixon »

Of the two versions (TOZ-35 and 35M) is there a desirability of one version over the other

Are there interchanability issues with parts between the TOZ-35 and TOZ-35M for assemblies like the accellerator or breach block assembly?

I bought an TOZ-35 from CDNN about a month ago and this week ordered one of the poor wood/very good metal pistols as a potential source of spares. As luck would have it what arrived was a very clean TOZ-35M
alex c.

Post by alex c. »

all parts should be interchangeable

I believe the differences between the 35 and 35m are the different trigger guard shape, barrel band, thicker barrel, front sight, and some of the trigger parts on the 35m are plastic instead of all steel in the 35.

I would love to buy a toz from CDNN, but when I called today they said they cannot ship to MD. So I'm going to spend x2 on a different 35m.

Could you go into more detail about the condition of both pistols you got from CDNN? I'd be very interested to hear about the condition of everything on the pistols, grips, fore ends, finish, barrels, any rust, any spare parts, what they came with, etc etc
dixon

Post by dixon »

alex c. wrote:all parts should be interchangeable

I believe the differences between the 35 and 35m are the different trigger guard shape, barrel band, thicker barrel, front sight, and some of the trigger parts on the 35m are plastic instead of all steel in the 35.

I would love to buy a toz from CDNN, but when I called today they said they cannot ship to MD. So I'm going to spend x2 on a different 35m.

Could you go into more detail about the condition of both pistols you got from CDNN? I'd be very interested to hear about the condition of everything on the pistols, grips, fore ends, finish, barrels, any rust, any spare parts, what they came with, etc etc
The TOZ-35 was one that CDNN graded as with case in very good condition

Blueing on the pistol was intact 99+% original none of the screws had damaged heads and the grips didn't appear to have been modified and the serial number written on the inside of the grips matched the pistol.
The barrel and chamber were in perfect condition. The pistol had been fired the blueing on the breach block locking surfaces was burnished off. When I received it the set trigger would not set, the problem was a broken pin that carried the small intermediat lever in the trigger was broken I replaced tha pin and the trigger functions fine. The case exterior was dinged and scrached but the case was not broken. There were no spare parts the case contained the pistol, an oil/cleaner bottle, a cleaning rod that was not usable, and a copy of the users manual in english. The grips were a poor fit for me and I decided to replace them with a set of Rink grips which once adjusted fit beautifully.

The TOZ-35M CDNN graded as "poor wood/very good metal" poor wood was described as broken or modified grips or forearm. The one they sent me had intact but modified grips again they were serialized to the pistol and I am currently working with them to refinish them and modify them to suit myself. The metal is in the same shape as the TOZ-35 with even less sign of use. I don't see any plastic in the TOZ-35M trigger assembly, other then the shape of the trigger guard it is identical to the set trigger in the TOZ-35. I am now thinking of using the TOZ-35M as a backup pistol rather than for parts.
Attachments
the grips that came with the TOZ-35
the grips that came with the TOZ-35
alex c.

Post by alex c. »

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

I just just with I could buy one, or two. But they cannot ship to Maryland so I'll be spending $900 on a newer one with case and all parts. O well I guess.

Thanks again for the feedback on the CNDD pistols.