Ball Bearing Conversion on the LP@

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
3d

Ball Bearing Conversion on the LP@

Post by 3d »

Anschutz has indicated that they will upgrade the LP@ to the new trigger spec. Apparently it must not be that involved if a field tech can do this at a major event. Is anyone either perfrorming this conversion here in the states or can handle the shipment to Anschutz?

BTW, wasn't the "wear resistant ball bearing trigger" an Anschutz exclusive development in their collaboration with Cesare Morini/SAM in the first place ? That feature was touted as a patent unique to thier collaboration in the development of the Anschutz M10. I don't believe that either SAM or MG made this claim in thier later, independent products; the K series or MG1.

3d
JamesH

Ball bearing trigger

Post by JamesH »

I would have though an air pistol trigger is the last thing which needs a ball bearing.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Speaking to the UK Steyr agent recently, it seems the main improvement is the reduction of lateral movement of the trigger.
jipe

Post by jipe »

David Levene wrote:Speaking to the UK Steyr agent recently, it seems the main improvement is the reduction of lateral movement of the trigger.
I can confirm that there is always some lateral movement on the LP10 and LP@ triggers with the "normal" trigger.

I never saw any modified pistol (I saw pistols factory built with the ball bearing trigger) and I wonder how the modification is done since the ball bearing needs a much bigger hole in the frame.

Is that bigger hole drilled (I assume it is) ?

What happens to the frame finish after drilling a bigger hole (it cannot be anodised) ?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

David Levene wrote:Speaking to the UK Steyr agent recently, it seems the main improvement is the reduction of lateral movement of the trigger.
Good stuff, for the life of me I really couldn't figure out what a bearing placed there on the trigger did, but that makes total sense. I don't know if it would make a big enough difference to have me subject my LP10 to that but..........
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

jipe wrote:Is that bigger hole drilled (I assume it is) ?

What happens to the frame finish after drilling a bigger hole (it cannot be anodised) ?
I believe he actually enlarges the hole on a mill, so the finish probably isn't damaged.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote: I believe he actually enlarges the hole on a mill, so the finish probably isn't damaged.
If I remember, I'll try and ask a friend / take a look, later this week, as I'm sure he's had his LP10 trigger converted.

Rob.
Neil Foster

Post by Neil Foster »

I exchanged emails with Scott Pilkington and he indicated that I would probably not notice the difference. Then again this old coot is not in Daryl Szarenski's class so that is likely true. :-)
Neil
guest23

ball bearing

Post by guest23 »

Hi 3d
where did You find Your information about the trigger?
thx
s