Will SAM M10 grip fit on Steyr L10?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Uncle SAM

Will SAM M10 grip fit on Steyr L10?

Post by Uncle SAM »

Hello!

I'm wondering if somebody know if a SAM M10 grip will fit on a Steyr L10?
Meybee if I do some modification?

//Uncle Sam
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

With enough modification, anything will fit everything. But looking at the "tube mount" on the Steyr, you'd have to core out the SAM grip and use a large washer on the botton of the grip. Beside that, it looks pretty good, the SAM grip is a bit deeper cut out that the Steyr's, but that can be filled. So all in all, I'd say yes, but by the drilling you'd ruin the grip pretty much for use on the SAM.

20 min later - correction: I just found an easier way. Put the grip mount of the SAM into the Steyr (had to file it down a bit, but not too bad), and - voila! I just put my Cesare-MG2-grip on my LP5. Looks slightly nuts, but who cares, and should work very well :-)
Uncle SAM

Post by Uncle SAM »

Tycho wrote:With enough modification, anything will fit everything. But looking at the "tube mount" on the Steyr, you'd have to core out the SAM grip and use a large washer on the botton of the grip. Beside that, it looks pretty good, the SAM grip is a bit deeper cut out that the Steyr's, but that can be filled. So all in all, I'd say yes, but by the drilling you'd ruin the grip pretty much for use on the SAM.

20 min later - correction: I just found an easier way. Put the grip mount of the SAM into the Steyr (had to file it down a bit, but not too bad), and - voila! I just put my Cesare-MG2-grip on my LP5. Looks slightly nuts, but who cares, and should work very well :-)
Thanks for this answer!
So the SAM grip is that deep in the cut off. Do you think it will almost fit on a Pardini HP/SP22?

//Uncle SAM
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I think I've seen an Picture of a Pardini SP with a Steyr grip somewhere, so it wouldn't seem impossible. Although, without measuring I'd say that the Pardini frame may be too wide to fit just like this, it's a lot fatter than the Matchguns frame.
Uncle SAM

Post by Uncle SAM »

Tycho wrote:I think I've seen an Picture of a Pardini SP with a Steyr grip somewhere, so it wouldn't seem impossible. Although, without measuring I'd say that the Pardini frame may be too wide to fit just like this, it's a lot fatter than the Matchguns frame.
How wide is the inside of an M10 grip?

//Uncle SAM
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

The M10 is 19,5mm wide, and the inside of the grip is slightly conical to allow the grip some movement left/right.