Pardini SP - early versus late

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
paulj

Pardini SP - early versus late

Post by paulj »

I have gathered that there are differences between the early Pardini SPs and the later ones. Would any of you know what the differences are and what is the easiest way to distinguish between the two versions?
tenex

Post by tenex »

Hi Paul,
If you're talking new vs. old frame, the older guns have a different frame casting (and barrel shroud). The older guns had raised cast racing stripes, while the new guns have machined stripes. The much older guns have no stripes (and no recoil absorber), but I'm not sure you want to go that far back.

I'm not sure the features exactly track the frame configuration, but this is what I think the differences are:

Original frame (raised stripes)
One piece trigger
Fixed width rear sight
4 counter balance/absorber weights
1100 gm advertised weight

New frame (machined stripes)
Adjustable geometry trigger (like the air pistol)
Adjustable width rear sight notch
6? counter balance/absorber weights (I'm not sure)
1050 gm advertised weight
cutouts in the frame to see the action of the trigger adjustments
The option for an electronic trigger

In addition, I have also seen different configurations in trigger adjustments for older models, and I think some older models may not have safeties as well.

That covers all I know, If I've made a mistake someone please let me know. We have a lot of the older models in our league, one new model as far as I know, I haven't had a chance to look it over.

Hope this is of some use,
Steve.

P.S. The all work great, I'd be happy with any one of them.