IZH-46M minimum trigger weight adjustmaent

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dixon

Post by dixon »

For AP competation I understand that the minimum trigger weight is 500 gr.? But for non competition use can the trigger weight on the IZH-46M be set significantly lower?
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Check your owner's manual. It has a warning to never adjust the triggger below 24 ounces (680 grams).
dixon

Post by dixon »

Pat McCoy wrote:Check your owner's manual. It has a warning to never adjust the triggger below 24 ounces (680 grams).
At the Baikal website the specifications for the Baikal Model IZH-46M
specs the trigger pull as

"Trigger Pull:
(adjustable) 14 - 36 ounces "

Now days it is sometimes hard to distinguish between specifications that came from the legal department and those that came from the engineering department

Hence the question here.
GS3

Post by GS3 »

I would say yes.
If 500grams is the minumum then DANG!!!
That is a heavy trigger.
That 17.636oz, over a pound!!!
I have my beeman R7 rifle at 2 stages and it breaks at a measured 11oz.
My TX200 trigger is a single stage and breaks at a measured 5oz.
I weighed one of my friends izzy trigger and I believe it broke at 6oz.
I have only had my izzy for less than a month and a bit under a tin but it feels ever so slightly lighter than my TX200 trigger, thats from the box!! I have not touched the trigger yet because it is that crisp, clean and breaks at almost the perfect weight for me :-)
I intend to weigh it in the near future. I post that weight with my next izzy post.
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

I've had mine set at 510-530 for about 1 year now, no problems.

My friend in FL has his set like a free pistol and no problems also.

The one at the SHOT show was perfect and probably right at 500.

YMMV
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

When i bought mine it was around 350 grams more or less. I try to make it lighter, but start shooting randomly closing breach. Re-adjusted to 350 grams never had a failure, then it remain settled to 500-600 grams for Ap matches.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Mine tends to creep, and while I didn't measure it, at one point it had crept around what had to be less than 200g. Never had a problem, other than with my trigger finger.

H.
bigred

Post by bigred »

Houngan wrote:Mine tends to creep, and while I didn't measure it, at one point it had crept around what had to be less than 200g. Never had a problem, other than with my trigger finger.

H.
I have a bit of electrical tape over the trigger weight screw to stop it from slipping. It seems to work ok. All I'm worried about is getting disqualified some day because it's slipped below the 500g mark..
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Houngan wrote:Mine tends to creep, and while I didn't measure it, at one point it had crept around what had to be less than 200g. Never had a problem, other than with my trigger finger.

H.
Mine does this too, ditto for the one other highly active IZH shooter here. Mine went light once, then heavy.... and his has only gone heavy. I'm going to see if the screw is removable and put a dab of blue locktite on there. Not that it's That big of a deal to check the trigger weight before each match. It doesn't creep that fast.

Brian

ShootingAir.com
Last edited by Brian M on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haemis762

poor mans loctite

Post by haemis762 »

Grab your missus' nail polish, best loctite for screws you can get. And easier to remove than real loctite! Also available in all your favourite colours..

Cheers Haemish