Pardini Electronic Trigger Swap-Out

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PaulT

Pardini Electronic Trigger Swap-Out

Post by PaulT »

Has anybody prepared any notes for swapping over a Pardini electronic trigger?

After the nightmare in Hannover last year, I have been given a replacement but would appreciate some idiot proof instructions on replacing this unit. I don’t have much access to the pistol as it is stored in central Europe
TobiasL

Post by TobiasL »

It is a very easy task. Remove the grip and remove 3 screws holding the electronic module - out it goes.

What type of problem did you have? I have experienced double shots, only at training thank god...

I have found out that if there is oil or dirt inside the microswitch on the electronic module accidental double (or even triple) shots will happen. Not very nice. But after cleaning with isopropylalcohol all works fine again. It is a wonderful trigger btw, when it works of course... :-)

To clean the microswitch you need to remove the small plastic cover. I used a sharp needle to open the plastic "tounges". Once the switch is open, use a cleaner that leaves no residue. Contact lubrucants containing oil does not work.

Be careful when cleaning the pistol. Excessive use of oil will find its way into the microswitch = no good.

Hannover again this spring? I will be there.

Good luck!
/Tobias
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Many thanks Tobias, this is great info!

Very occasional problem was doubles, main problem was failing to activate;
e.g. bang, bang, nothing, bang, bang and a disturbing dry-fire “6th shot” 

I will be at Hannover as a coach for the ISCH, then possibly with our centre fire squad at the weekend for the Europa Cup if time permits.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Paul - I'll throw a word of advice in here. Take it with a grain (or a few pounds) of salt, as you feel appropriate! ;-)

My experience with the Pardini failing to fire has led me to conclude that any time the electronics module is removed from the gun, or its fasteners are loosened, the pistol has had a probability of misfire introduced. If you tighten the fasteners holding the electronics in place and leave them there, never moving them, then you'll have good reliability.

I had several failures to fire with my SP1E. I was removing the electronics every time I cleaned it, which was every time I took it to the range. It took me a little while to figure it out, but after I stopped messing around with the electronics the gun became 100% reliable. The next time I removed the electronics I had a failure to fire after about 30 rounds.

My conclusion is that any time you remove the electronics or even loosen the screws that hold them in place you're opening yourself up to a miniscule change in the alignment between the mechanical portions of the trigger and the microswitch which is a part of the electronics module. If you mess with the module, allow yourself at least 50 shots before assuming he pistol will function reliably.

Once again, after applying the philosophy above, I've been able to achieve 100% reliability with the SP1E. Since there's no reason to mess with the electronics on a regular basis this means that it's easy to achieve highly reliable operation of this pistol.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Mark, again, solid advise. I don’t plan on doing this on a regular basis. Fundamentally, the old unit was malfunctioning and needs swapping out, I will take the opportunity to clean the contacts. BTW your strip-down procedure for the CM84e as been very popular in the UK. Again, many thanks. Paul.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Aw, gee, international fame... Or is it notoriety?!?!?! ;-)

I wish you good luck with the Pardini electronics change-out. If you have any difficulties just drop a line - we'll get you back on track with a minimum rise in blood pressure. LoL
Cricman

Post by Cricman »

nt
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

PaulT wrote:Many thanks Tobias, this is great info!

Very occasional problem was doubles, main problem was failing to activate;
e.g. bang, bang, nothing, bang, bang and a disturbing dry-fire “6th shot” 

I will be at Hannover as a coach for the ISCH, then possibly with our centre fire squad at the weekend for the Europa Cup if time permits.
Paul, were you gettin a click,?

ie bang, bang, click, bang, bang

or bang, bang, silence (totaly dead), bang, bang

I have been having a problem with mine I can place

see

viewtopic.php?t=17329

Julian
PaulT

click!

Post by PaulT »

yes, bang, bang, click, bang, bang

The grip is custom but that was not the cause of the problem, the unit was defective and kindly replaced by Pardini.

Hammerli (Walther) could learn a few lesions in customer service from our friends at Pardini! Makes selecting and recommending new kit a bit of a no-brainer as support of kit a critical aspect