Difference between a Feinwerkbau model 65 and a Steyr LP 10?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ari

Difference between a Feinwerkbau model 65 and a Steyr LP 10?

Post by Ari »

I started shooting middle of last year, with an old Feinwerkbau model 65 that was lent to me. Now, my college's coach is suggesting that I buy a Steyr LP10. The problem is, that there aren't any local dealers selling this, and if I want one, I'll have to import. With my current average of about 90/100, is it worth it?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The differences

1. Its Pre charged Air so no cocking
2. It has better sights than the 65
3. It has a better trigger than the 65
4. Higher velocity than the 65 ( so it may be more forgiving of shooter movements)
5. Better and more ergonomic adjustments
6. It has a compensator which theoretically improves accuracy
7. It has a ported barrel which reduces muzzle flip
8. They both have recoil absorbtion but the LP10's is far less clunky than the FWB 65.

They really aren't comparable pistols the FWB 65 is a great pistol and in its day it was the top (its day has passed) the LP10 is a great pistol and is still in its day (one of the two top pistol in the world right now).

Only you can decide the value of moving to a newer LP10, buit rest assured you won't be losing any thing by going from the FWB 65.

I shoot a LP10 but I'd also look at the Morini 165 EI(I prefer the short) and the FWB P44. Morini probably has the best trigger on the market and the P44 has a very nice mechanical trigger ( I have seen complaints aout the finish wearing on the P44).
Ari

Post by Ari »

Thank you for your input.

The problem with the Morini CM165 is that it's harder to get from where I am (Philippines). The P44, my coach tells me, is simply not quite as good as the LP10. So I'll probably stick to trying to get the LP10.

Post by Guest »

Ari wrote:Thank you for your input.

The problem with the Morini CM165 is that it's harder to get from where I am (Philippines). The P44, my coach tells me, is simply not quite as good as the LP10. So I'll probably stick to trying to get the LP10.
Perhaps your coach knows of a used LP-10 for sale?
Ari

Post by Ari »

Unfortunately not. All the other shooters had to go through the same thing as I am now to get their guns, so they're quite attached to their Steyrs, Feinwerkbaus, or Morinis.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I'm sure you'll be happy with an LP10 they are very nice pistols.
cg205

RE FW 65

Post by cg205 »

Can anyone of you tell me what a good (95%+) FWB 65 MKII should cost me?

Thanks
Charlie
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

One quarter of what a used LP10 will cost!

Kent