About grip - to fill or not to fill

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jer

About grip - to fill or not to fill

Post by jer »

I have modified my AP grip and it has come quite good. Now I am thinking should I fill grip in place where arrow shows in the picture. In picture gun is hold in shooting position.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (41.62 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (37.91 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Very difficult to see for certain but in the pictures the gap looks small so I would be inclined to not fill it. Leaving it slightly free allows for a bit of hand swelling etc.

Or if you're unsure, then fill it with something tempory like plasticine or blue-tac, which you can then easily remove.

Rob.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I agree with Rob its hard to tell from the photos but it looks like the area where thehand curves toward the wrist I don't think you'd get any benefit from filling that small gap there but you could always try wih something temporary.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

If the gun point right, don't fill.
Filling that point move the front sight towards left, when you are relaxed you may not notice, but under match pression, is quite sure you start pushing that point and the shoot goes left.
Leave it free if the gun point right place.

P.S. Imho, the tips of your fingers are a bit too red: you are not squeezing a lemon.