spare parts for a MG-2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
landb

spare parts for a MG-2

Post by landb »

For the first time in 3 1/2 years of shooting my MG-2 It let me down, during a match the hammer spring broke? This is the first time I heard of this happening . What other parts do you think I should order with the hammer spring to have around? This is a 11XX series gun
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

From my experience the bullet insert lever is a critical spare part, as well as spare recoil springs if you are shooting a lot. I'd suggest a firing pin, but be forewarned they are expensive.

I can let you know where I get my spare parts from - reasonable prices.

Brian
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

The hammer spring is definitely a weak point so you should always have a spare or two. Next on the list would be the bullet insert lever, as mentioned by Brian. The previous incarnation of the bullet insert lever was much more prone to breakage than the current one, so even this should be a fairly long-life part if you have one of the newer generation guns (s/n over 13XX).

I don't see how the recoil springs will ever wear out in this pistol, but I have a spare pair of them, just in case. Trigger weight springs are good to have as spares because they will eventually break.

Other than that, I can't see anything that I would carry as spares.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Mark Briggs wrote:The hammer spring is definitely a weak point so you should always have a spare or two. Next on the list would be the bullet insert lever, as mentioned by Brian. The previous incarnation of the bullet insert lever was much more prone to breakage than the current one, so even this should be a fairly long-life part if you have one of the newer generation guns (s/n over 13XX).

I don't see how the recoil springs will ever wear out in this pistol, but I have a spare pair of them, just in case. Trigger weight springs are good to have as spares because they will eventually break.

Other than that, I can't see anything that I would carry as spares.
What's a few spare parts while your lugging Wayne's gear around. LOL

Going to the Nationals this year? PM me I promise not to shoot the bench with my FP if you don't cross fire on my target.
Cricman

Post by Cricman »

nt
landb

Post by landb »

Thank for the info. Bob
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Shhhh,Richard.... Nobody's supposed to know about those little incidents on the FP line!

(But after you shot the bench it took me a long time to get the giggles under control! LoL)

Next time I cross-fire on you I promise I'll try to make it a 10. ;-)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Yes cause crossfiring six's on my target is just plain rude and unsportsman like.
Mr. Might-get-a-MG-2

Post by Mr. Might-get-a-MG-2 »

Hey, with all their troubles, these guns shoot sixes?!
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Last I new the MG 2 wasn't a free pistol but then again why should reading the facts influence your comments.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Even if my MG-2 happens to shoot a 6 from time to time, I know it's not the gun's fault. Heck, if I can manage to shoot 6's with a free pistol then I can sure do it with a standard pistol!

And you should count yourself lucky, Richard, that I only shot one 6 on your target during that match. If you'll recall I put two 8's on the target to my right! ;-)

{Important lesson to anybody reading this post and thinking I'm totally nuts. I wasn't nuts, just couldn't see because I had "floaters" in my eyes. Turns out I had let myself get very dehydrated and I wasn't really aware of it. As a result I had lots of these floaters, and a bloody awful match score to boot! If you're shooting, you should also be drinking, it's that simple. Note that I make no recommendation as to what you should drink. Please use discretion in selecting the beverage of choice! LoL}
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

There's no need to explain bigger names in much bigger matches have crossfired, it happens, even to the very best.