Rapid fire air pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gunnery

Rapid fire air pistol

Post by gunnery »

I would like to shoot rapid fire air pistol (for the game) aside Ap, Fp and Sp.
Is the Drulov DU-10 a good choise ? (its the only one, a finde and the others steyr, fwb, are to expencive just for fun....)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I've never tried the Drulov so can't comment. I personally shoot RF Air with a Steyr LP5 and that is a great gun...

Rob.
davidInOttawa

Rapid fire air pistol

Post by davidInOttawa »

Hi,

I used the Drulov DU-10 Condor for about 6 months, before deciding that I wanted to get more serious about rapid fire air.

It's a nice, cost effective entry into serious air pistol... but it does not compete against the Steyr LP5 and the FWB P55.

It leaks CO2, it is ammo finicky (and will fire doubles if it is not happy with the ammo), and its accuracy is not going to win you any regional medals.

The grip is not bad, but a bit large and stump like..

I don't regret having bought it.. but I'm glad I upgraded (to the FWB P55).

If it fits your budget, and you're not planning to compete with it, then it makes a great indoor practise ap for standard/sport/rapid fire pistol, and a fun plinker. Certainly much better than anything you'll find at Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart (etc).

Hope this helps..

Cheers,

David
cdf

Post by cdf »

A guy at the club has one , it has caused some grief , velocity all over the map , doubling , etc . It is very ammo sensitive . All in all rather a shame as it appears to be a rather rugged little beast , when it was functioning well , it was quite accurate .

On the plus side of the ledger , it has weight and balance very similar to some standard and sport pistols . Its also a small fraction of the price of even a used Styer or FWB . It might be worthwhile trying to learn its quirks .

I have been spoiled by my LP50 , that puppy has never skipped a beat , is stoopid accurate , and probably represents a better long term investment .

Chris
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

Ok thanks wil look for a second hand Steyr or Fwb.
ronnorman

Looking for Steyr or FWB

Post by ronnorman »

There are 3 very nice semi-auto's now for sale on our host's "Used gun" site. 2 FWB's and one Steyr, from $750 to $1600, all great guns.