Help with ordering a Rink grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Help with ordering a Rink grip

Post by Guest »

I'm ordering a Rink grip for my LP1 and had a few questions.

I'm right handed and left eye dominant, does anyone have any experience with the Rink grips made with the 7 degree angle for this? How well does it line up, feel, etc. Would I be better off just angling the gun in the grip like how I have the factory grip set up now, since steyr's allow that kind of adjustment?

Should I order it from Larrys guns, contact Rink in Germany, or is there another/easier way?

And if anyone has any thoughts or comments on Rink grips, preferably for the LP1/LP10, that they would like to share.

Thanks in advance for any help
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I have a Rink with the 7 degree on my Walther GSP, its a nice grip, better than the factory one and the non adjustable Morini I have, but I went to a Nills and personally I like it better. I have Nills for both my GSP's and my LP10.

Its hard to tell you where you'd best buy it from when we don't know your location. I suspect if you're in the US Larry's would be best, if your anywhere else in the world don't bother calling Larry cause the State Department wont let him sell stuff else where (at least thats the story he tells).
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

I bought the Rink 7 degree grip for my Anschutz LP@ Junior because I needed the additional yaw adjustment and I am very satisfied with my purchase. If you think you need the extra 7 degrees angle, more or less, go for it. The standard Steyr grip adjustments still work, but offset by 7 degrees to the right.

In my opinion, the Rink grip runs a bit on the small side. I bought a medium based upon their dimensions and the fit is snug-my palm rest is at the bottom of its adjustment. You might want to err on the safe side and order a size larger than you think you need and use the palm rest adjustment to take up any extra room.

As Richard said, if you are a US resident you must order through Larry's Gun's in Maine. Overall, my purchase experience was very good and problem-free. It takes about two weeks from when Larry sends in the order (once a week as I recall).
dlb

Post by dlb »

You can call Larry's as well, or contact them via email. I've always found the staff to be helpful (e.g. Mary) and have corresponded w/ Larry on technical questions. Cross-dominance isn't that uncommon, they've probably dealt w/ questions similar to yours before.
shadow

RINK

Post by shadow »

My husband is right handed and shoots with his left eye. He ordered the 7 degree offset and is very pleased.

I have a small hand and ordered the 7 degree offset.

Both of us have hand sizes that fell between 2 sizes and we ordered the smaller size.

RINKs are VERY nice.
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Hi Guest, You should give Larry's a phone call and ask for advise . Sometimes,
Larry's may have the grip in stock and they do not have to
order your grip from Germany. I called Larry's just last friday,talked to Mary, and
She checked for one in stock. She had one and mailed it saturday, it arrived
Monday! It was a medium 0 degree offset for an LP10, which fit my LP1-C
perfectly. I also shoot right handed using my left eye. Your Steyr should be
able to take up the necessary adjustment for your cross dominence. Also check
their price...no shipping cost either. I wanted the 0 degree grip because my
son and I share the LP1-C.
Tony G
Last edited by paw080 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Thank you all very much for your help.

I called and ordered the grip earlier today. I went by their dimensions for size so I hope it is rite, and I talked to Larry for advise on the other options of the grip, and decided to go with the 7 degree offset.

My only complaint is they said it would not be in until around the 20th of Feb. I was hoping to spend more time training with it before my next big match in march,(junior olympics), but I suppose I will just make due.

Thanks again for your help
shadow

RINK

Post by shadow »

You probably JUST missed Larry's cutoff for December orders as they place their orders one a month.