Elbow Band

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

How the rules refer to tight shirt (with tight sleeves) are tight sleeves considered as support ?
Nev C

Post by Nev C »

What is there to lose ? Well it can, and often does, hide the underlying problem. The injection is purely an anti imflammatory 'drug' that treats the inflammation itself and doesn't cure a problem. Seek knowledgeable, professional advise and take it from there.
I think we are getting a bit off topic here, the original post was about the legality of arm bands.
With regard to the subject of tennis elbow and cortisone injenctions, all I can say is that I did seek knowledeable professional advice about my condition, I was referred to an orthopedic surgeon by my GP and he examined my RSI and treated me accordingly with a cortisone injection.
I have been shooting pistol competively for 15 years now with no sign of tendinitis ( tennis elbow ). With tendonitis, the problem is inflamation, once the inflamation is cured the problem goes away. Again, I say what do you have to lose by having a cortisone shot? It may just work for the original poster just as it did for me.

Cheers from Oz,

Nev C
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Nev C wrote:With tendonitis, the problem is inflamation, once the inflamation is cured the problem goes away. Again, I say what do you have to lose by having a cortisone shot? It may just work for the original poster just as it did for me.

Cheers from Oz,

Nev C
With respect, it isn't. Tendonitis is a symptom or response to a problem, a tendon doesn't just become inflamed for no reason. Yes cortisone may be the answer for some people and the underlying cause could just be something like overexertion of the arm / joint, but it may well be more complex. Proper medical advice needs to be sought and followed, stating anecdotaly 'it worked for me' doesn't mean it will for all and sundry.

Rob.
Nev C

Getting off topic

Post by Nev C »

Hi Rob, we can debate the subject of cortisone injections forever but I think we are getting off topic a bit. the original post was about the legality of arm bands, maybe we should be discussing that subject.

Cheers from Oz,

Nev C
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Haleva wrote:How the rules refer to tight shirt (with tight sleeves) are tight sleeves considered as support ?
It depends whether the jury thinks the shirt contravenes rule 8.4.7.3:-

"The use of any special devices, means or garments which immobilize or unduly reduce the movement of the shooter’s legs, body or arms, is prohibited in order to ensure that the performance skills of the shooters are not artificially improved by special clothing."