NEW LP10 ballbearing trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jjjjjjjjj

NEW LP10 ballbearing trigger

Post by jjjjjjjjj »

what is the difference, and other than the ball bearing is there any other difference with the new LP10 and current model?
somewhereinla

Re: NEW LP10 ballbearing trigger

Post by somewhereinla »

jjjjjjjjj wrote:what is the difference, and other than the ball bearing is there any other difference with the new LP10 and current model?
I have asked that question not very long ago, and the answer I got from someone who tried both was that he could hardly feel any differences. I know you can upgrade to the new trigger for about 70 EURO.
pauln

Post by pauln »

I am interested in replies on this to.

Steyr tell me that they are developing an electronic trigger but could be up to two years away
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Steyr's been working on that e-trigger since the LP10 came out... The LP5 already should have had it... Perhaps they wait for the new (attention - rumour!!) Morini trigger which should be more flexible regarding the grip / mounting...
Neil Foster

Post by Neil Foster »

I sent Scott Pilkington an email and asked him about the new trigger. His response was that he had the parts but had not fooled with them yet. He also said he doubted that I could tell the difference. That is why Scott is great to do business with, Honesty and Integrity.
Neil
pauln

Post by pauln »

Tycho wrote:Steyr's been working on that e-trigger since the LP10 came out... The LP5 already should have had it... Perhaps they wait for the new (attention - rumour!!) Morini trigger which should be more flexible regarding the grip / mounting...
Really can you tell us any more about the new Morini??
jjjjjjjj

Post by jjjjjjjj »

let me get this straight, Morini is coming out with a new trigger? for Free or Air? and what about Steyr's electronic trigger any information?
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

. . . I think what was mentioned is the rumor that Steyr is going to outsource their trigger to Morini . . . not that Morini is going to change anything they do on their own triggers . . . aside from modifying the geometry to allow for more grip adjustments

Several of us have wished for years for a Morineyr/Steyrini . . .

Steve
jjjjjjjjjjjj

Post by jjjjjjjjjjjj »

Steve, you mean Steyr is going to have Morini make the mechanical trigger for them? or make an electronic trigger?

jay
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

This is the way I remember it- others jump in if I have mucked up the situation a bit!

Both companies are well aware of their own design limitations.

The Morini trigger is, well, perfect. The ability to twist the action around in the grip on the Steyr is a desirable feature to a great majority of shooters.

Steyr has been rumored to have been working on an electronic trigger for quite a while. So far, nothing definite.

Morini has been pestered by their customers to allow for enhanced adjustability to the action - grip relationship for quite a while. Morini says thiws will require a modification to the design of their electronic trigger, but they have recently begun attempting to do so. So far, nothing definite.

From a business standpoint, Steyr would be crazy to reduce the adjustability; and Morini would be crazy to sell a redesigned (smaller) e-trigger to Steyr.

My money is on Morini solving their own problem, and Steyr solving their own problem.

Our choices will then be to either buy the Steyrini . . . or the Morineyr.

Steve Swartz
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Don't forget Walther too is rumoured to be working on an electronic trigger which will fit across their whole product line.

I wouldn't waste my time asking anyone on here questions about these because all it is is rumours. If anyone on here actually knew I doubt they'd be able to tell anyone anyways.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

When did the Ball Bearing trigger begin shipping? Any idea what serial number marked the begining of the new trigger?
jipe

Post by jipe »

Scott H. wrote:When did the Ball Bearing trigger begin shipping? Any idea what serial number marked the begining of the new trigger?
No idea about the serial number but the LP10 with ball bearing was already available in shops in Germany in the first half of May 2007.

I had the possibility to try such an LP10 and the improvement compared to the previous version is not obvious. Also the reliability of the normal trigger is very good, it remains more or less the same after years of use. The LP10 is on the market since about 7 years now. There are many LP10 having been heavily used and their trigger works still perfectly. I had an early LP10, i.e. from end 1999, I shoot about 10000 pellets per year and the complete pistol, including the trigger still works as a new one. Actually, the pistol still looks like new, no trace of wear, you have no way find out how many shots went done with it.

Now, the price of the upgrade, i.e. 72Euros, compared to the price of the LP10, is small so, if you want to have the latest version, you do not need to question a lot about its benefit.

I anyway wonder how the upgrade is done: the ball bearing trigger requires a much bigger hole in the frame, how is this hole made (drilled ??) an how does it affect the finish of the frame (I doubt that it is possible to apply the factory frame finish after having drilled a bigger hole) ?
guest from Münster

Post by guest from Münster »

STeyr make morini trigger, Morini make Steyr trigger, rumors, alway rumors, it is good for shooting community, now I can say no time to practice, only wait for new gun improvements, and all shoot 10s
warpmaster

Another thought in the mix

Post by warpmaster »

Err hate to spoil the party on this interesting discussion of Morini making steyr triggers and all that .. hehe

has anyone bothered to remove their grip and look at the frame of an LP10 it is clearly marked "ANCHULTZ" with the Anchultz logo ... food for thought ;-)
David Levene

Re: Another thought in the mix

Post by David Levene »

warpmaster wrote:has anyone bothered to remove their grip and look at the frame of an LP10 it is clearly marked "ANCHULTZ" with the Anchultz logo ... food for thought ;-)
Not at all, who do you think owns Steyr.
Richard H

Re: Another thought in the mix

Post by Richard H »

warpmaster wrote:Err hate to spoil the party on this interesting discussion of Morini making steyr triggers and all that .. hehe

has anyone bothered to remove their grip and look at the frame of an LP10 it is clearly marked "ANCHULTZ" with the Anchultz logo ... food for thought ;-)
That's really old news. Anschutz has a controlling intrest in Steyr Sportwaffen with the majority of the rest own by the officers of Steyr.

Food for thought??? About what???
warpmaster

Post by warpmaster »

i know the steyr news is old ... just assumed people overlooked it on this thread, heck i got my LP10 2 yrs ago with that logo on it.

Food for thought ... hmmm i think my point was pretty obvious, Anchultz is slowly taking a bigger and bigger portion of the assembly/design and parts market, i think in a few years time Air Pistol models are going to get whittled down like free pistols with 2-3 remaining choices.

Case in point the astounding resemblances in design, layout parts and look in the AP's released in the last year or so (eg Gehmanns new Air pistol in their new catalog bears more than a passing resemblance to the MG1 hell it looks like a copy except for the archery style weights and the electronic trigger).
Cricman

Post by Cricman »

nt