New pardini SP1 NEW

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JulianY

New pardini SP1 NEW

Post by JulianY »

I am about to receive my Pardini SP1 NEW.

What is the current advice for breaking in a new pistol / cleaning routeen

regards

Julian
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

Interesting question.

I've never "broken in" a .22 lr barrel, as such, on the theory that the lead bullets are too soft to have any effect on the bore. I've also been warned by my shooting buddies that I risk ruining the barrel if I don't go through the "5 shots and Shooter's Choice" routine that they use. (And I use, with new center-fire rifles.)

The knowledge base here is much greater than that of my friends and I, so I'll be watching this thread with interest.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Julian - I'm no expert, but I have shot a few new pistols, including a Pardini SP1 Electronic.

I would suggest a few important points.

1) examine your empty casings and ensure they are not being damaged. If damaged/heavily scratched, etc, get ready to either do some polishing on the gun or send it in for warranty work.

2) chamber a cartridge then eject it - examine the bullet as in step 1)

3) shoot a hundred or two hundred rounds, then disassemble the gun and look for signs of excessive wear on any part. Once again, this has more to do with getting the gun fixed than anything else. You don't want something to break while you're shooting it.

You'll note the above points deal with you, the purchaser, being the last step in the factory's quality control process. Pardini makes a good gun, but they're not perfect. I had to polish a burr off the feed ramp of my Pardini when it was new as it was gouging the cases.

Once you've got the quality control taken care of, just shoot the darned thing. I've had good success with running a VFG cleaning felt through my .22 barrels about once every 500 rounds or so when the gun is new. Normally I run one felt lightly wetted with a solvent (actually, I use CLP, not sure if it's available in your geography) then follow it with one or two clean, dry felts, and always clean from the breech end of the barrel. Although I haven't done extensive group testing with my standard pistols, this technique has produced good results in terms of accuracy in free pistols.
RobStubbs

Re: New pardini SP1 NEW

Post by RobStubbs »

JulianY wrote:I am about to receive my Pardini SP1 NEW.

regards

Julian
Julian,
I just shot mine - didn't do anything special, and wasn't advised to do anything different. I would advise you ask the agent / retailer and see what they advise.

Rob.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

RobStubbs wrote:
JulianY wrote:I am about to receive my Pardini SP1 NEW.

regards

Julian
Julian,
I just shot mine - didn't do anything special, and wasn't advised to do anything different. I would advise you ask the agent / retailer and see what they advise.

Rob.
Cheers Rob. Out of interest what are you putting through yours?

Julian
tenex

Post by tenex »

JulianY wrote:

Julian
Hey Julian,
Don Nygord strongly recommended RWS target. I'm going on 8000 rounds without a hiccup in my SP.
Steve (not Rob).
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

tenex wrote:
Hey Julian,
Don Nygord strongly recommended RWS target. I'm going on 8000 rounds without a hiccup in my SP.
Steve (not Rob).
Sadly, in holland, a lot of us agre giving up on rws. recent batches have proven to be very inconsistant

J
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

I've had excellent luck with Eley Target Pistol, and Eley Target Rifle.
rapid2

ammo for pardini

Post by rapid2 »

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... c&start=20

Looks like Fiocchi is not a bat cartridge for the Pardini!

Does anyone in the Netherlands import these?

Cheers,
Bob

[/url]
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

JulianY wrote:

Julian
Julian,
I have shot eley target pistol (green box) through it but did have a couple of non fires. I have also used lapua standard club (?) - the one in the tin and another low end lapua brand, both worked flawlessly. I think Pault has tried some other brands, and specifically with regards the velocity rules for ORF.

Rob.