Saying hi (and a question FAS AP604)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MattW

Saying hi (and a question FAS AP604)

Post by MattW »

First post from a target newbie, so hi everyone!

I've just agreed to buy a second hand FAS AP604 air pistol in great condition, which should arrive in time for Christmas.

It'll be my first 'real' target air pistol and I'm looking forward to learning about 10m pistol shooting. However, I'm looking for pellet recommendations for this gun - if any other FAS 604 owners could let me know what pellets their gun likes, I'd appreciate it!

cheers

Matt
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Wad Cutter to cut clear holes on the paper and light pellet, around 0,50 grams.
If the holes are not clear, check muzzle velocity and eventually replace seals.

LukeP
somewhereinla

Post by somewhereinla »

Wad Cutter is what people use in pistol matches. My experience is that getting clean holes depends a lot on the quality of your targets, or more precisely, the quality of the paper. When I started out, I used target made by the NRA, and very often the paper would tear a bit on impact. I then bought Edelmann targets from our host, and the difference was unbelievable... Only clean holes. I have used Kruger as well during my last pistol match, and they seem to be equally good.

Stay away from the NRA targets, they really are low quality targets.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

In the UK the NSRA targets are usually good for neat holes :) I would try H&N match although for practice you probably cant beat RWS Geco Flat head (wadcutter) pellets try youngmans.com for geco they usually have lots.

Alan