Walther GSP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
usmc69

Walther GSP

Post by usmc69 »

Picked this up at the local gunshop a coouple of weeks ago for $220 OTD. Had to buy a mag for it (total $70 with shipping). So for $290 had a good condition Walther GSP. It shoots better than I do!

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If you want some more magazines for it I have a number of spares that are surplus to requirements.

Regards.

Mike
usmc69

Post by usmc69 »

Mikey wrote:If you want some more magazines for it I have a number of spares that are surplus to requirements.

Regards.

Mike
Mike,

I am guessing that NZ is for New Zealand? The shipping would probably be cost prohibitive.

AJ
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'd love to add a $200 Walther to my fleet!...Cheapest one I ever saw was $600....Yours is much nicer!
usmc69

Post by usmc69 »

I am still amazed that the dealer let it go for that price. The other side of the coin is that he made a profit on it.......
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

usmc69 wrote: I am guessing that NZ is for New Zealand? The shipping would probably be cost prohibitive.

AJ
Blimmin heck - We might be far away but it's not exactly like travelling to the moon either.
Last week I sent a 400grm package (about a pound) to the US which took 5 days to get to its recipient and cost me the equivalent of US$8.50.
Hardly prohibitive I would have thought...
usmc69

Post by usmc69 »

Fortitudo Dei wrote:
usmc69 wrote: I am guessing that NZ is for New Zealand? The shipping would probably be cost prohibitive.

AJ
Blimmin heck - We might be far away but it's not exactly like travelling to the moon either.
Last week I sent a 400grm package (about a pound) to the US which took 5 days to get to its recipient and cost me the equivalent of US$8.50.
Hardly prohibitive I would have thought...

Not as bad as I figured for shipment from NZ.
James

Post by James »

Dang how does this happen. I'll give ya double for it haha.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

For some reason shipping from New Zealand to overseas is quite cheap.

I sent 5 Walther mags to America a year ago and I think it was less than $20 NZ about $15 US.

I have quite a few spare parts for the Walther including firing pins, grips, magazines.

Mikey
sillymike

Post by sillymike »

Wow, that's quite the deal you got there! You could probably take out the muzzle weight and sell it for at least twice the price ;-)

If you are in a bind for a magazine, you could always use one from a S&W M41, you only need to file a notch for the mag catch. (The magazine body size and lip angles are the same)

Enjoy!
Mike.
paul j

gsp

Post by paul j »

Hi Mike.I am in Auckland & am interested in what spares you have as both wife I both shoot gsp.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Paul

Drop me an email at my temporary email address council @ imatch.co.nz

Mike
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

" If you are in a bind for a magazine, you could always use one from a S&W M41, you only need to file a notch for the mag catch. (The magazine body size and lip angles are the same) "

Is that correct?
usmc69

Post by usmc69 »

Scott H. wrote:" If you are in a bind for a magazine, you could always use one from a S&W M41, you only need to file a notch for the mag catch. (The magazine body size and lip angles are the same) "

Is that correct?
Not sure if it will work or not. Will take both the GSP and the magazine to the next gunshow and try to compare them.

Does the ExpoMart still have decent gunshows? Lived in Monroeville when I was stationed in Pittsburgh(Picksburg).

AJ
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

Two dealers, who should have known better, were looking at one's personal carry gun, and had an accidental discharge, wounding a bystander in the leg.

That was it, pretty much, for shows in Monroeville. When the PA Gun Collector's Association lease was up, the Mall wouldn't renew it. The show had to move to another, smaller, site.

Go Stillers!
Mike Taylor

Model 41 mag in GSP

Post by Mike Taylor »

I tried my 41 magazine in my OSP (supposed to be the same frame as the GSP).
The S&W magazine fits into the OSP mag well with very little play. However, even with the magazine pushed fully upward, the (OSP) bolt would not strip a round from it. The angle of the round in the magazine looks good. The nose of the bullet is directed at the barrel feed ramp. Just apears that the magazine does not sit high enough - needs to go up another millimeter or less. Perhaps some relieving of contact surfaces might do the trick, but I'm not about to experiment.
Of course, the GSP bolt might be enough different from the OSP one that it would strip the round. Since I no longer have a GSP, someone else will have to comment.
Mike T.
Irod

Mmmmm...

Post by Irod »

It is an old model GSP? the trigger seems like the old model, the pistol that mounts the round barrel.

a frien of mine have an old OSP can be upgraded?
ASA

Re: Mmmmm...

Post by ASA »

Irod wrote:It is an old model GSP?
I definitely think so. The main reason apart from the trigger is the way the grip is fixed at the gun's body: The newer ones are attached with a screw coming from the bottom of the grip.

I am shooting with a GSP bought in 1983 which looks about the same - apart from my changes to the grip.

After having fired some 10,000 rounds, the following occurred: Every now and then one trigger action released 2 shots (and only 2 shots even with a full magazine).
This occurred last year. My gun dealer fixed it but informed me it would re-occur. His explanation was that the usually sharp edges of the trigger unit (suspects: trigger bar, sear, sear engagement,..) had become round.
The fix lasted for about one year and came back in May 2007.
Since that time I have a new trigger unit installed. This fits without any problems and I fire away without further problems.
The price was a bit hefty: 290 Euro - something like 420 USD. In 1983 I bought the GSP for 520 EURO...
For years I shot Remington Target with it (initial supply of 10,000 rounds) and was very content: very precise and consistent behavior. So naturally I went for another supply of the Remington ammunition (surprisingly, the price had not changed over the decades - maybe this should have warned me..)
What a disappointment: The precision is the same but one of 30 rounds is quite weak and does often not provide enough force for reloading. I changed to CCI and this works ok. ( I tried RWS target pistol - nice but in cold weather often not reloading. Match EPS is a good choice too, but the price erases it from the list of candidates)
shadow

Ammo

Post by shadow »

Here in the Unired States Remington 22 ammo is known for frequent mis-fires.
usmc69

Re: Mmmmm...

Post by usmc69 »

Irod wrote:It is an old model GSP?
The GSP is dated 1971. Doesn't look pretty, but shoots great. Using Federal Auto Match in a 325 round bulk pack at $11.25. Also have a Suhl Model 150-1 (rifle)that shoots it (Auto Match) in one hole groups at 50 yards from the bench. As does a late '50's early '60's Anschutz Match 54 that I own.