Air capacity of Steyr cylinders?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pauln

Air capacity of Steyr cylinders?

Post by pauln »

Hi there,

Been trying to calculate how many fills I would get. But can't find any information on the capacity in CC of the Steyr standard and short cylinders.

Thanks for your help

Paul
donthc

Post by donthc »

isn't the volume inscribed on the cylinder.

for AP cylinder, it is 68ml i think, if i'm not wrong
Guester

net volum not same as useful net volum

Post by Guester »

donthc wrote:isn't the volume inscribed on the cylinder.

for AP cylinder, it is 68ml i think, if i'm not wrong
You could be right, but please remember: that is the net avilable volum in the cylinder. Customary, an AP air cylinder is normally used until the pressure gauge points to the lover end of the geen indicator field, which is usually at about 70 - 80 bars.
If the max fill pressure is 200 bars, a remaning pressure of, say, 70 bars meens you have "spent" 130 bars. This translates to a "spent" volume of initially compressed air: 130 bars/ 200 bars* 68 ml = 44,2 ml of the net volume of air of initially 200 bar pressure.
Hope this clarifies some.
pauln

Post by pauln »

Thanks Guys
ASA

Post by ASA »

Here is the data from a recent experiment:

A 5 litre bottle was used and filled by a compressor with 210 bar pressure.

From this bottle 20 refills (for a Steyr LP10 with a standard cylinder) were possible until the original pressure was down to 170 bar.
With the original pressure 75 shots caused a drop from 200 bar to 110 bar.
Before the bottle was refilled, 75 shots caused a drop from 170 bar down to 80 bar. (80 bar is still "green", hoewever close to "orange" - as read from the provided extra pressure instrument)

Regarding the precision:
With 170 bar 75 shots were done and then continued until a deviation in height was noticed (in this case 2 rings). The shots remained in place until shot 130. For the next 10 shots the position of the holes dropped by 2 rings as stated.
When the cylinder pressure was checked after that, the reading was 30 bar (in the middle of "orange")
It seems therefore that the fill of a standard cylinder with 170 bar provides a suppply for 100 shots with still a convenient margin before the precision goes down.
pauln

Post by pauln »

Excellent info ASA thanks
jipe

Re: Air capacity of Steyr cylinders?

Post by jipe »

pauln wrote:Hi there,

Been trying to calculate how many fills I would get. But can't find any information on the capacity in CC of the Steyr standard and short cylinders.
The capacity of the short cylinder is 50ml.
pauln

Re: Air capacity of Steyr cylinders?

Post by pauln »

jipe wrote:[,

The capacity of the short cylinder is 50ml.
Thanks