Bullseye traininng at home

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mileaway

Bullseye traininng at home

Post by mileaway »

Are there any specifics to training at home. All the forums say to lift weights. How much weight, and how long and technique. Are therer any exercises that you can do to minimize your arc of movement. What about the way you hold your hands when training? Should you hand be around the gripm if not do yoo extend your trigger finger when practicing at home. If there is a coach in this website, do you have any tips for practicing at home. I have a problem when I hold the gun tight and start to aim and apply pressure with my trigger finger, I can feel my muscles relaxing. Is there an exercise to train the muscles. Any help would be appreciated.
Rob

Post by Rob »

The US Army Marksmanship Unit has OR had a publication on pistol marksmanship. It covered everything you want to know about pistol shooting. I don't know where you can get a copy. Maybe someone knows where to get one or if it can be downloaded. The publication # on top of mine is SH 23-35-1
mileaway

Post by mileaway »

Rob, thanks for Getting back. I've been looking on the web sites can't find the book. Like you said maybe somebody will post it. My biggest problem when I grip the gun tight it's great. When I start to apply pressure to that trigger. I can't actually feel my fingers starting two relax. And then I picked up the strength again. There must be away to teach your muscles to stay tight as one finger starts to apply pressure. Anyway thank you for getting back Bob[/i]
alb

Post by alb »

The publication is availabl online at:

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/amucover.htm

Or it can be downloaded in PDF format at:

http://www.giwera.pl/pliki/pmtg.pdf

Regards,

Al B.
mileaway

Post by mileaway »

Thanks everybody
mileaway

Post by mileaway »

Thanks everybody
Richard H

Re: Bullseye traininng at home

Post by Richard H »

mileaway wrote:Are there any specifics to training at home. All the forums say to lift weights. How much weight, and how long and technique. Are therer any exercises that you can do to minimize your arc of movement. What about the way you hold your hands when training? Should you hand be around the gripm if not do yoo extend your trigger finger when practicing at home. If there is a coach in this website, do you have any tips for practicing at home. I have a problem when I hold the gun tight and start to aim and apply pressure with my trigger finger, I can feel my muscles relaxing. Is there an exercise to train the muscles. Any help would be appreciated.
The big things are over all general fitness, Cardio and as for physical training you want to work on muscular endurance this requires low weight and lot and lots of reps.
jackh

Post by jackh »

Overall fitness, yes. But in moderation for the non-athletic shooting athlete, which I think describes most of us. We are not all stud Marines or GI Janes. Abs and wrist, in my opinion, are the key weaknesses to a minimum arc of movement (wobble is so much easier a term to understand)

Since surgery by my lumbar, my abs have improved a lot to where a firm body core is becoming more natural in my stance. A physical therapist has been extremely worthwhile.