What .32 to get

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jer

What .32 to get

Post by jer »

I am looking for used .32 to shoot centerfire competitions (ISSF). Used because .32 ammo costs so much now, I would not practice very much with it. What .32 would be hazzle free and what would should be checked when buying used .32 pistol?
Ernie Rodriguez

32 S&W Long

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

The Pardini HP is pretty reliable for ISSF shooting.
Richard H

Re: What .32 to get

Post by Richard H »

jer wrote:I am looking for used .32 to shoot centerfire competitions (ISSF). Used because .32 ammo costs so much now, I would not practice very much with it. What .32 would be hazzle free and what would should be checked when buying used .32 pistol?
Can you not reload in Findland? If you can reloading 32 makes it cost about the same as .22, I think the savings on my first 1000 rounds paid for my new dillion 550 and all the accessories.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Richard H wrote:
jer wrote:I am looking for used .32 to shoot centerfire competitions (ISSF). Used because .32 ammo costs so much now, I would not practice very much with it. What .32 would be hazzle free and what would should be checked when buying used .32 pistol?
Can you not reload in Findland? If you can reloading 32 makes it cost about the same as .22, I think the savings on my first 1000 rounds paid for my new dillion 550 and all the accessories.
I had the feeling the reloading 32 was rather difficult, grain size of the powder being the biggest problem ?

interested to learn

Julian
jipe

Post by jipe »

JulianY wrote:
Richard H wrote:
I had the feeling the reloading 32 was rather difficult, grain size of the powder being the biggest problem ?
Yes, indeed, the quantity of powder needed is very small, you need a special accessory, the X-small powder bar, for the automatic powder measurement of the Dillon.

Actually, the best/most accurate method is to use the new electronic scales with electronic/automatic powder measurement of Lyman or RCBS and put the powder manually at the second stage of the Dillon (you replace the powder measurement unit by a special funnel and insert the powder when the case is at the upper position, just after case expansion). It of course slow down the reloading process, but not so much as you would imagine

The same problem exists with .38WC: there also, with the usual types of powder used for .38WC, the quantities are very small.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

JulianY wrote:
Richard H wrote:

interested to learn

Julian
If you get the right equipment its not a problem. I use a Dillion 550 with the xs powder bar (look to get a better one from Anders in Sweden). I've loaded using both VV310, and Winchester 231, have not had any problems setting them up to through a consistent load anywhere from 1.2 gr to 1.7 gr. I've used Lapua, H&N. Excel, and Spear bullets with federal small primers.

I can comfortably load over 500 per hour (very easily).

I've shot my loads extensively never had a problem I've had others borrow some from me and shot them and liked the loads.

It's really not difficult at all.
Mike Taylor

loading .32

Post by Mike Taylor »

And if you are not in a hurry, you can even use a single stage press and a powder dipper. Not nearly as fast as a progressive loader, but much cheaper - and just as accurate.
Mike T.
Ernie Rodriguez

Reload 32 S&W

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I use a Hornady LNL progressive press,Redding pro-dies and a Hornady drum type powder measure with a 1-10gr pistol insert in measure. I load 1.4grs/N310/98g Speer HBWC and profile crimper. This outfit produces extremely accurate,high quality ammo and is not all that critical either.