Anyone ever buy guns through Roco?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MSC

Anyone ever buy guns through Roco?

Post by MSC »

Figured I might find it in a search here, seeing as they deal with Hammerli and Walther pistols. But no mention. Anyone???

http://www.rocosystem.com/
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

They come to Camp Perry every year, and have an amazing selection of Hammerli pistols. I've bought some stuff from them but not a pistol.

Nice folks-

Richard
Joe66

To: MC

Post by Joe66 »

MC,

I’ve been buying most of my guns and shooting stuff from Champion’s Choice from Tennessee. They are good people to deal with and very knowledgeable. There are a couple of times I returned my stuff and they didn’t complaint about it, one time they didn’t even charge me a re-stocking fee.

I had just the opposite experience buying from our host Scott Pilkington. He sold me a Styer Air rifle which wasn’t what I thought it is and when I returned it he was pissed. Yeah this is after he charged me the re-stocking fee, he is still pissed and gave me a hard time.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

I've had very good experiences in my dealings with Pilkingtons. Very good. Well beyond what I would have considered fair.
tleddy

Our host

Post by tleddy »

I have spent many $$$ with Pilkington and have had great service and fast response to any questions. Indeed, when I had any doubt about what I wanted/needed, their advice was spot on.

Tillman in Florida
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Thanks for the positive defense folks.

First, let say in answer to the orginal question that Roco is Doris Seibert and all that I know about them is fine.

Second, I’m not positive who Joe66 is but from reviewing his posts and style and of writing, and the ISP addresses, I’m betting on Argen Wong, a man who has had less than scrupulous dealings with buyers on here, and myself personally 9 years ago. He has been on my do not sell to list ever since.

For sure this story does’nt make sense. The only Steyr air rifle I can remember in years being returned was a FT gun that that the same guy bought back less than a week later cause he realized he liked it so much. And he would have had to really piss somebody off here to get the restocking charge applied, as we have a pretty liberal three-day inspection period on new or used guns. So if this situation had occurred, it would have been remembered and nobody here does.

*included in this is the pellet making project and finishing up the building construction for the machine, which is almost over and the machine itself is making a few pellets, but we are still in the tweaking/feeling our way around stage to ensure the best quality pellets on the market.
Ernie Rodriguez

PILKGUNS

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I,too,have had many dealings with Pilkguns-and all of them was handled with promptness,trust and courtesy.
GOVTMODEL

Re: To: MC

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Joe66 wrote:MC,

I’ve been buying most of my guns and shooting stuff from Champion’s Choice from Tennessee. They are good people to deal with and very knowledgeable. There are a couple of times I returned my stuff and they didn’t complaint about it, one time they didn’t even charge me a re-stocking fee.

I had just the opposite experience buying from our host Scott Pilkington. He sold me a Styer Air rifle which wasn’t what I thought it is and when I returned it he was pissed. Yeah this is after he charged me the re-stocking fee, he is still pissed and gave me a hard time.
I've been buying stuff from the Pilkington's for ~10 years; I've never been dissatisfied.

They even got me parts for my TOZ 35, and lead me through the installation of them!

Richard Ashmore
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

All very well said and sorry I am so late to chime in . . . I just figured everyone would realize how ludicrous the claim of Joe66 [?] was and ignore it.

Nothing against Champion's Choice; they have always given me "good" and "adequate" service; reasonably priced and with reasonabled terms. No big complaints against them. However

I have purchased from a wide variety of vendors over the years. I can say without any equivocation that when it comes to Bullseye or International shooting you have only two choices: Scott Pilkington or Larry Carter (in no particular order; Larry has slight edge on BE and Scott has slight edge on Intnl; more because of familiartiy/selection etc. than service).

The other 8 or so companies I have dealt with (talking about the most popular firearms dealers primarily) have all given me some level of "bogosity" in one way or another. Not Larry or Scott- not ever, not even a little bit.

And I am (on occasion) a very demanding, difficult customer.

I will name names on the others and give you specifics if you contact me offline.

I look at any story of "problems" with either Scott or Larry with a high degree of skepticism. If you are having trouble with Scott (or Larry), look in the mirror first . . .

Steve Swartz
shadow

Pilkguns Comments

Post by shadow »

When I have something good to say about a vendor or gunsmith I tend to express my view in public. When I am displeased I tend to air my comments in private. With that said, I have purchased 2 pistols from Pikington. In one case he went WAY out of his way to make sure that I was a happy customer.
CR10XGuest

Post by CR10XGuest »

I've purchased from Doris (RoCo) and Scott and have been pleased with both. Even when they have had to work with a very, shall we say detail oriented, FFL that I have to use at the present.

Doris usually has a good selection of European guns at Camp Perry each year (during the Conventional Pistol matches) and they pretty much sell out of any variety of Hammerli they have. They also donate to the Larry Carter picnic, along with numerous other vendors.

I think the last gun I got from Doris made it to the FFL before I got back home from Perry.

Cecil
CR10XGuest

Post by CR10XGuest »

I've purchased from Doris (RoCo) and Scott and have been pleased with both. Even when they have had to work with a very, shall we say detail oriented, FFL that I have to use at the present.

Doris usually has a good selection of European guns at Camp Perry each year (during the Conventional Pistol matches) and they pretty much sell out of any variety of Hammerli they have. They also donate to the Larry Carter picnic, along with numerous other vendors.

I think the last gun I got from Doris made it to the FFL before I got back home from Perry.

Cecil