Canadian Airgun Grand Prix - Feb 22-24th 2008

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brian James

Canadian Airgun Grand Prix - Feb 22-24th 2008

Post by Brian James »

Just to let the forum know that the Canadian Airgun Grand Prix is taking place this coming Fed 22-24th.

The match is located only about 10 minutes from the Airport

Match details can be found at: http://www.targetshooting.ca/cagp.htm
coker

Post by coker »

Brian,
if a miracle happens I will love to go, I have it on my calendar already. Any problems crossing the border from Bufallo? how about at the airport. I mean with air pistols. I think you ( I am assuming you are Canadian) dont have any restrictions regarding air guns, right? one never knows, and one can never be careful enough. thoughts?
regards, coker.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

coker wrote:Brian,
if a miracle happens I will love to go, I have it on my calendar already. Any problems crossing the border from Bufallo? how about at the airport. I mean with air pistols. I think you ( I am assuming you are Canadian) dont have any restrictions regarding air guns, right? one never knows, and one can never be careful enough. thoughts?
regards, coker.
Actually there are restriction on air pistols over 500 ft/sec. If you go to the website there is information on what needs to be done, its really not a problem at all just a few forms.
coker

Post by coker »

Thanks Richard,
well, what can I say, first: I love Canada and its people, as I have dear friends over there, both in BC and in Toronto.
I am sure your regulations are pretty straightforward and simple to follow, one thing I can tell you is that it is way, way more dificult to re enter to the USA from Canada. Not to discredit our valued officers, as one once told me, "we are here to protect US citizens like you". but he questioned me about my McDonald bag I had, and almost rearched my car, because of some paper shooting targets I had in my trunk. well long story.
anyways,
One thing I didn't tell is that I was planning to have a friend to pick me up from Bufallo, she is married with 3 kids and know nothing about guns at all. I think they even are anti gun folks. Imagine me telling her, oh, by the way I am putting a gun in your car trunk. Not a good idea.

How about renting an air pistol, once over there.

FW 65 considered a firearm with transportation restrictions? you see.
Oh well, maybe golf is a more simple sport. I may learn it.
good thing I asked, thanks again,

coker.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

If you need a pistol to shoot the match, let me know and I'm sure I can bring you one. I think I can even bring you a FWB 65 if you like.

Brian
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Finding a pistol to shoot shouldn't be a problem, I have a spare LP5 with single shot magazine that you'd be welcome to use I also know other that have spare morini's and such that would lend them to you.
coker

Post by coker »

Thanks guys,
you see, why bother traveling with guns ( air ) when your brothers from the air pistol brotherhood can loan you one.
I'll let you know, thanks again,
c.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

coker wrote:Thanks guys,
you see, why bother traveling with guns ( air ) when your brothers from the air pistol brotherhood can loan you one.
I'll let you know, thanks again,
c.
Exactly, when I travelled there was never a need to bring a pistol with me, someone at one of the clubs I contacted before I left was always gracious enough to lend me one, so its only right that I return the favor. They sometimes even offered to come pick me up at my hotel.
coker

Post by coker »

Thanks Richard,
That's Wow, transportation included, how about a free meal.
Actually; this is what I was talking about, in the shooting community we just love to get together.

I once called a friend who was an executive in a big company, I told him, hey, I am downstairs do you want to go to the gun store to check a new gun? he said, give me five.

I live in Washington State and I go very frequently to Vancouver BC. I was shooting International Trap over Seattle before traveling to BC, well, had to put my guns in a storage, etc, etc before crossing. I asked the guys at the trap range about the procedure to take my shotguns to Canada and shoot over there. They said, why bother, go to the Vancouver Trap range and ask for Nicky, he runs the place and will loan you a gun.

Actually, is not that dificult to take a shotgun into Canada, but I believe OUR border patrol agents will make the re entry more dificult.

Are you coming from Canada with guns? Yes but these are mine I just crossed into Canada with them,

Yeah, right,,,, strip search....

c.