Benelli kite or Pardini K2S

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Frank

Benelli kite or Pardini K2S

Post by Frank »

Help me make the choice guys
Thanks
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The same answer as applies to all similar questions I'm afraid, which one do you feel most comfortable with.

You are the only person who can tell which is the better gun for you.

Both are good quality pistols (albeit neither being absolutely top flight).

Can you get service support in your area for both guns.

It's your choice I'm afraid.
AP-man

not top flight...

Post by AP-man »

[quote]
Both are good quality pistols (albeit neither being absolutely top flight).
quote]

Yupp, that´s a fair testimony. I agree.
Not top flight, but useful for informal target shooting, or say, high end plinkers.
Mike Taylor

Benelli Kite

Post by Mike Taylor »

AP-man wrote:
"...useful for informal target shooting, or say, high end plinkers"

Surely you jest?
Unless you are aspiring to the elite level of world cups and Olympics, either of these pistols is more than adequate to compete in serious competitions at the national and even international level.
To wit: In an earlier post, TT contributor, Russ, from Troy, Michigan was referring to his Kite (and his Toz 35) when he wrote, "Those two pistols are the same one which took me to the 2007 USAS National Finals in Air and Free Pistol competition."
Note: "USAS Nationals" and "Finals" - hardly "informal" and definitely more than plinking.
I believe Russ also used the Kite to take second place in the men's final at the 2007 Canadian Airgun Grand Prix (an international event).

I deplore the often expressed attitude that "if it isn't a Steyr or a Morini, it isn't worth considering". New shooters are not being served well by this elitism. A number of manufacturers offer top-line air pistols capable of holding their own against S&M at all levels (save, perhaps, that rarified level of the Olympics, world cups, and world championship).
Now when it comes to reliabilty, parts availability, and service, that is another consideration. I'd suggest weighing these latter factors, too, when making your choice between the Benelli and the Pardini.
(end of rant)
Mike T.
somewhereinla

Post by somewhereinla »

I have never shot with any of them, but both are world class for sure. The one thing I don't understand with the K2s is the lack of a pressure gauge on the cylinder.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

I guess you could say that the pressure guage on a K2s "is" the end of the cylinder. As you pump it up, the end of the cylinder is pushed outward, and silver rings appear, 3 in all when it is full. As you expend the air, the rings disappear into the cylinder. The manual tells you how many shots / how much pressure remains per ring.

In a sense, it's the most convenient manometer there is.
somewhereinla

Post by somewhereinla »

Scott H. wrote:I guess you could say that the pressure guage on a K2s "is" the end of the cylinder. As you pump it up, the end of the cylinder is pushed outward, and silver rings appear, 3 in all when it is full. As you expend the air, the rings disappear into the cylinder. The manual tells you how many shots / how much pressure remains per ring.

In a sense, it's the most convenient manometer there is.
Good to know, I didn't know that. It does seem like a good system.
Bill177

Good? Plinker?

Post by Bill177 »

I shoot a K2S purchased from the late Don Nygord. I have had no issues with the gun. Build and quality is excellent (read as world-class). Don was a big believer in support and called often to see how I was doing and if I had any questions.

Pardini has taken their share of medals at world level competitions. It is the shooter as much as it is the gun.

I personally think Pardini suffers from a lack of promotion and support in general. I have not had any good experience regarding support with the current US importer. Hence, I cannot recommend the Pardini.

I have seen, but never shot, the Bennelli APs. However, they are sold by the same importer as the Pardini.

All that being said, I'd suggest Steyr. Either single shot model will serve well at any level. You won't find better support that our host offers.

One last comment: Although expensive, a top quality AP represents a long-term investment. But, only you can actually determine which gun is best for you. Fit, feel, touch, magic - it is all your perceptions.
tenex

Post by tenex »

I've got a couple of Pardini's, and I'm pretty happy with the lot. The grips aren't as finely finished as some others, but if you're serious you're going to take a file to them anyway.

A friend of mine just ordered a kite, Larry was out of K2's. When it shows up I'll get to take a look at it and make an intelligent comparison.

I'm new to air pistols, but I can tell you that I prefer an Pardini SP to a Benelli MP90S
Steve.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

Both AP's are capable of the usual "one hole" test target, as are all of the major AP's. The Kite that I have came from the factory with what looks and feels like a Nill grip on it. I really like the feel of it.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

It IS a Nill Grip.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

tenex wrote: I'm new to air pistols, but I can tell you that I prefer an Pardini SP to a Benelli MP90S
Steve.
Steve, can you explain what you prefer on Pardini Sp Vs Benelli mp90s?
Thank you.
LukeP.
tenex

Post by tenex »

LukeP wrote: Steve, can you explain what you prefer on Pardini Sp Vs Benelli mp90s?
Thank you.
LukeP.
Hi Luke,
I use the Pardini for NRA bullseye with a dot sight. I think the Pardini is much better suited to mounting a dot than the Benelli, due to the Benelli's open ejection port. I'm using the built in groves in the Pardini receiver with some Millet aluminum rings for a total weight of 5.5 oz. or so. You'd need a mount for the Benelli, and cantilever it back over the ejection port (unless you wanted the scope really far forward). This might hamper disassembly, I'm not sure.

I've heard of more than one instance of new Benelli's doubling due to insufficient head space (my friend's did this). That's unacceptable in a $1000 gun (I've never seen a Ruger do this!).

The Pardini sights and trigger are as good as anyone's, but to be fair I'm sure the Benelli's can be set up equally well.

Up here in the north east, a lot of shooters are shooting the Pardini, and I've seen very few issues. I almost never see one for sale used.

Service used to be an issue, with the late Don Nygord (wonderful guy) handling Pardini and Benelli leaving the US shooters high and dry, but now Larry Carter is doing both, so it's a wash. He seems to be having a harder time stocking Pardini guns and parts, but I think it's because they are so popular they don't last very long.

Bottom line:
If I was shooting iron sights, I'm sure I'd score equally well with either gun. I like the Pardini because it has an established reputation of performance. I don't dislike the Benelli, I just don't want to be the local guinea pig.

Sincerely,
Steve.

Re: Benelli Kite

Post by Guest »

Mike Taylor wrote:
--- "high end plinker"

Unless you are aspiring to the elite level of world cups and Olympics, either of these pistols is more than adequate to compete in serious competitions at the national and even international level.

(end of rant)
Mike T.
Well, Mike, ---yes and no...
I have fired the Benelli Kite some, the Pardini AP less.
The Pardini featured a grip that did not fit lmy hand.
The Trigger of the Kite wass less desirable.
None om these two are comparable to the Morinis or Steyrs in my opinion.

Mike? let me ask you this: Do you think someone would be able to win the US og canadian Nationals with the Rohm "Twin Master"?
Neither do I...
The Twin Master is a plinker on a budget. Yeah, I must admit, the worst AP (supposed to be "competition gun") I have ever fired.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

People who use factory grips as a pro or contra argument should be ****** **** ****... whatever.

Dear Guest (another one, I'm quite fed up with them): If the K2 as well as the Kite are "not comparable" to S&M, how come that Franck Dumoulin won Sydney 2000 with a K2 and Nestruev the European Champs in Goteborg with a Kite? Would they have shot 600 with a Morini? Are you even aware of the Morini's deficits in terms of adjustability, as you are trying to sell it to a beginner? If you are citing the Morini left and right, why are most Chinese top shooters using the Steyr, despite the heavy sponsoring of their team by Morini? Why is THE Chinese top shooter using a LP1 instead of a LP10? (See another thread for the solution) There are several LP300 to be seen at WC level, despite TT's clear opinion that the LP300 is not worth it's money - who's right? And why's Tanyu Kiriakov using a Kite? Money only? I don't think so... I agree with you about the Röhm, but IMHO anything above the FAS 609 can be made into a top level AP and used to win the Olympics, and I'd guess that in average all of them need the same amount of work and practice poured into them... BTW, remember that the current world record was shot with a FWB Mod. 2...
Mike Taylor

Twinmaster

Post by Mike Taylor »

Guest-
We are changing the topic of the thread somewhat from Benelli and Pardini to Rohm, but:
I have handled neither the Twinmaster Sport nor the Twinmaster Match air pistols, so my opinion would be based solely upon their specifications and the description provided by the manufacturer and a distributor.

The manufacturer states:
"The TWINMASTER Sport air pistol:
An inexpensive, competition-tested beginner model.
Ideal as a club weapon, …
The TWINMASTER Match air pistol:
Special air weapon with all the known and proven advantages of a perfect match weapon."
A distributor states:
"Model SPORT [single-shot MATCH]
This is a German made high quality match grade pistol suitable for advanced match competition. Materials and workmanship are of a very high quality and nothing is compromised. At the price, it is the best value as an advanced match pistol on the market today. We consider it the next step up from the IZH or Brno TAU7."

So, based upon the foregoing, I would think that someone using the Twinmaster (Sport or Match) could win at the US or Canadian Nationals. But this is pure speculation on my part, based merely upon 'paper' specifications and advertising. Your experience seems to suggest otherwise.
On the other hand, I've never held the Kite either, but the record of the Kite speaks for itself.
Mike T.
william

Post by william »

Having owned both, I can say that they are well built, well supported by Larry Carter if you're in the USA, have great triggers and are more than accurate enough to get you to the Olympics (if you do your part). If I had to choose today, I'd go Benelli for 2 almost trivial reasons. You can get different width front sights; Pardini is 1 width only and narrower than I like. With respect to my dear friend Tycho, I found the Nill grip that is standard on the Kite to be THE most comfortable grip I've ever used, including heavily modified and customised grips on several other pistols.
Fred Mannis

Guest Advice

Post by Fred Mannis »

Tycho wrote: Dear Guest (another one, I'm quite fed up with them):.
Tycho,
I quite agree with you. I am really tired of people who sign on as a guest (and I have no problem with that), but refuse to use a name, real or nom de plume. Anonymous advise/comment is usually of little value.

Fred
scerir

Re: Benelli kite or Pardini K2S

Post by scerir »

Frank wrote:Help me make the choice guys
Thanks
Well, Pardini's trigger is much better than Benelli's trigger. Kite is a bit heavy (as they sell it), and it is much more stable during the shot (and not because it is heavy).
s.
James

Post by James »

I don't know about the triggers, but I have shot an lp2 and I own the kite. The lp2's trigger is not much different, maybe marginally crisper.

The kite young is lighter (and a bit cheaper) than the full length, and maybe more comparable to the k2s.

I think the nill grips on the kite are very nice. They fit me almost perfectly stock.

A few nice features about the Kite: the rear sight width is adjustable. The front sight can move back and forth, and the barrel is ported.

I have not handled a pardini k2s, but I have heard they feel sturdier/better built.

Note the kite only comes with one cylinder (not sure about the pardini) but I get 200 or more shots from the short (second shortest) cylinder. I think you get nearly 300 shots from the full length cylinder.