Best trigger on 22lr standard pistol ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Tycho wrote:You put the 2nd stage weight on my 2E too low and the circuit won't close properly, gives you double and triple releases as soon as you touch the trigger. If 2nd stage weight is near zero, the hammer won't stay up. You're welcome to try my one, perhaps it is a faulty pistol. Wouldn't be the first one. Doesn't matter, though, crisp 2nd stage is fine for me.
Sounds like an excellent pistol if you love to tinker, but not one I would choose if I simply wanted to shoot/compete.
kalz

Best trigger on 22 LR Standard pistol

Post by kalz »

I invite you in Parma Italy to show how to set the trigger.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Fred to be fair, how is setting the trigger on the MG2 tinkering as opposed to setting the trigger on every other pistol. In the past the MG2 has had reliability issues, but to their credit they seem to be making progess on these (I beleive this is what your comment is in regards to but is not the topic of this thread).
Last edited by Richard H on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

As I said, it works fine now and as I don't need the roll-over, I'm set for the next season :-)
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Kalz, Tycho,

Thank you both for your explanation of the features unique to the Rapid Fire model of the MG-2. I'm now having to ponder whether or not it's worth the extra 25%+ purchase price.

Mark.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Just to let this thread know, Matchguns has served me incredibly well with some of the problems I had with my MG2. Kalz in particular has been incredibly helpful and thank him publicly for all his help.

MGs customer service in my opinion is on par if not superior to many of their competitors in regards to trouble shooting problems for their shooters.

After all MG has an active presence on this board.

Brian
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yep, they certainly improved a lot after the initial problems. On the other hand, some other (Swiss) companies took a deep dive in service department, so the competition regarding customer service is not what it used to be...

Re: Best trigger on 22 LR Standard pistol

Post by Guest »

kalz wrote:I invite you in Parma Italy to show how to set the trigger.
Now that is an offer I would not refuse, almost wish I shot an MG at this moment.

Post by Guest »

I have both seen and heard of several problems with Matchguns, its a very good pistol when it works, but it has a tendency to malfunction and therefore ruin the competitions for my friens who owns/owned them.

I own a sp 20 and I am content with trigger and the overall feeling of the gun, if I would switch brand my second choice would be Pardini. Both Haemmerli and Pardini have been two of the brands that have been dominating sports pistol, centrefire pistol and standard pistol the last years.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Not far to parma, 4 1/2 hours perhaps. Met Cesare in Milano last year, nice guy, very savvy. I'm pretty sure that someday I'll get there :-)