LP 10 USERS

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

LP 10 USERS

Post by darticus »

Do you shoot the LP 10 into the yellow on the guage or do you stop at the bottom of the green? Is 530FT/SEC. about right on the LP 10 and LP 1?Thanks Ron
joe4702

Post by joe4702 »

I always refill near bottom of green.
Mine chronos at 525 with 7.0gr R10 pellets and 475 with the 8.2gr.
darticus

THANKS

Post by darticus »

Thats just where mine measures.Ron
.donthc

Post by .donthc »

i usually stop at 100bar. seldom go into the yellow unless it is really inconvenient to refill
darticus

Cartridge seal repair

Post by darticus »

I ask as I seem to wear the cartridge o-ring out. I though maybe it was from removing the cartrige with too much air pressure in it. It seems to rip at that o- ring and I have to replace it. It does last a season but my lp1 never goes. Maybe LP 10'S just do this? Ron
RobStubbs

Re: Cartridge seal repair

Post by RobStubbs »

darticus wrote:I ask as I seem to wear the cartridge o-ring out. I though maybe it was from removing the cartrige with too much air pressure in it. It seems to rip at that o- ring and I have to replace it. It does last a season but my lp1 never goes. Maybe LP 10'S just do this? Ron
Nope sounds like you've got a burr somewhere on the cylinder or on the gun itself that is cutting the o-rings. Our hosts suggest releasing the cylinder slightly after each shoot to release the pressure. As an aside I change o-rings about once every couple of years when they wear out on my LP10, and never replaced one on my LP5 that I can recall.

Rob.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I've had mine for almost 7 years and have only changed that O-ring once (there was nothing wrong with it either I just was changing all the seals). I shoot 3-5 times/week and rarely ever take it into the yellow. I think you have another problem if you're going thru seals like that.
darticus

Thanks Guys

Post by darticus »

It looks like the seal is ripped with pieces shredded and hanging off. Best I look at it under a magnifying glass. Doesn't hurt anything but have to change every spring.I thought the air pressure was tearing it apart putting the cartridge on and off. Will have to check better. Thanks Ron
jsm35997@bigpond.net.au

Steyr Cylinder removal

Post by jsm35997@bigpond.net.au »

To remove a Steyr Cyl it may help to start by unscrewing two and one half turns, cock and fire the action(releasing pressure from the pressure chamber) then continue to unscrew the cyl as normal. Partly unscrewing the cyl allows the pressure in the pistol pressure chamber to be dissapated without it being refilled by the cylinder
John Smith
Warren

Don't change direction of cylinder rotation

Post by Warren »

Those o-rings are particularly prone to shred if you partially unscrew the cylinder, then screw it back into place. In other words, if you start to unscrew it from the regulator, take it all the way off. Also, don't screw it part way on, then screw it off. You are loading the o-ring in one direction, and may damage it when reversing the rotation.

It also helps to put a hint of a smear of silicon grease on the o-ring every once in a while.

There should be no difference between the LP1 and LP10, but of course manufacturing tolerance variations can make one gun wear them out quicker than others.