Morini CM84E - UK spec case / bag available ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Trev2205

Morini CM84E - UK spec case / bag available ?

Post by Trev2205 »

I've just handed over a chunk of cash for a Morini CM84E "longarm" (UK Version). I was (more than) a bit disppointed to find that it didn't come with a case or a bag (despite what the instructions say!).

I am therefore assuming that this is a common problem for all Morini Longarm shooters in the UK ?

I'm looking for a recommendation on a compatible case or bag, as I dare say that carrying it around in my hand will cause problems.....

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Trevor.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Several options
a. Stanley Tools do a case sold in Homebase – probably others. Will need padding. Light weight and low cost, useless for flight use. The are two lengths, make sure you get the slightly longer one.
b. Several random material based cases. These don’t comply with transportation requirements as per FAC etc. but several use them nevertheless. These are £20-£30 as I recall.
c. Condor Cases do an excellent unit, about £150-£200, great for flights and really takes the knocks well.
d. Peli and Storm make cases but for UK spec, none of the default sizes are really suitable. I much favour Peli and use for other pistols, both UK and overseas cartridge.

I have seen some bespoke case at sensible cost, I know 1-2 forum pistol shooters use them, can not recall exact details but about £50.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

There is a case manufacturer in the UK who is well used to this problem.

I do not have the details but would expect either Rob Stubbs or PaulT will post the details when they next log on.

Edit note: OK so he beat me by a minute.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I have the stanley tool case for my pardini but the morini fits it as well. Try B&Q etc but make you you get the very largest aluminium type one. If they're on offer you can pick them up for about 25 pounds. I think when I got mine I had to pay full price which was about 40 pounds.

Rob.
Trev2205

Post by Trev2205 »

Thanks guys, looks like I'm off to the DIY shop then........
Nev C

Morini case

Post by Nev C »

My Morini certainly came with a fitted case, cleaning tools included.
RobStubbs

Re: Morini case

Post by RobStubbs »

Nev C wrote:My Morini certainly came with a fitted case, cleaning tools included.
Nev,
Your morini FP is a significantly different beast to the UK 'long arm' model.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Nev C wrote:My Morini certainly came with a fitted case, cleaning tools included.
The UK legal version is much longer than the standard. By law it must be at least 600mm long with a 300mm minimum barrel. Nothing must be temporarily removable (non-destructive) that would bring the gun below those measurements.

Hence the need for a non-Morini case.
Trev2205

Post by Trev2205 »

PaulT,

the condor case, would that be the CAC7530 ? it looks the right size.

Trev
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Don't know about product numbers, just call them and tell them what pistol you have e.g. Morini free pistol (they understand this longarm etc. would just confuse) and state the air pistol that you have as the precision cut-outs default has a free pistol and an air pistol as well. They know about the Steyr and Morini air pistols for starters. If you do find out the product numbers, would be handy to post on this and Stirton Forum (UK)as well. A lot of new free pistol owners at the moment.
Nev C

Post by Nev C »

David Levene wrote:
The UK legal version is much longer than the standard. By law it must be at least 600mm long with a 300mm minimum barrel. Nothing must be temporarily removable (non-destructive) that would bring the gun below those measurements.

Hence the need for a non-Morini case.
Thanks for the info on the Long arm version, I presume that these are not classed as hand guns and therefore are not banned.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Nev C wrote:Thanks for the info on the Long arm version, I presume that these are not classed as hand guns and therefore are not banned.
That's right Nev, don't you just love legistlation :-(
Trev2205

Post by Trev2205 »

Many thanks to PaulT,

I contacted Condor Cases, and they do indeed offer a bespoke case for the Morini, with cutouts for the free pistol (Morini, SAM or Pardini), and Air pistol.
They're making it for me now and I'll feedback when it arrives.
Costs £196.00 + 10.00 postage.

No reference numbers for the product, but if you call and ask they know all about it as they've worked with Mr Gault.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Trev2205 wrote:Costs £196.00 + 10.00 postage.
It's a lot of money but as has been said many times on this board (initially by Scott), "quality has no regrets".
Trev2205

Post by Trev2205 »

The case arrived today, and on first inspection is excellent. The cut outs are perfect for both pistols and there are plenty of extra storage cut outs for spare cylinders and tools etc, I'm really pleased.

Trev