Morini 162ei rear sight

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
John Ariani

Morini 162ei rear sight

Post by John Ariani »

I've run out of adjustment moving my rear sight to the right on my Morini 162ei. I've ben modifying the grip and having to adjust the sights after each modification. (making the grip a lot smaller) How do I get this adjustment back - or get the rear sight to be centred eyt still adjustable?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I know it may sound strange John but the quick answer is to make the rear sight notch narrower.

A few months ago someone posted instructions on how to strip the sight down and move the sight blades along the threads to restore the windage adjustment. Unfortunately I can't remember who, when or how.
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Thanks David. For a quick resolve - you are right. But I like the 5mm front sight - and the fairly large gap each side for my alignment - so I'll have to find a solution for this.
Help for anyone in the know would be very much apreciated otherwise I really can't use this pistol in competition in fear that I'd be unable to make adjustment if necessary.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

That would be me- the solution is to remove the rear sight, disasssemble the left blade from the assembly, twist the barrel (threaded internal rod) to move the right blade in the desired direction, then reassemble.

The design of the rear sight on the Morini is a truly elegant piece of engineering!

The detailed instructions are in a previous thread somewhere- I'll look for it but once you remove the assembly it's pretty easy to suss out.

Shoot me an email at leslieswartz@verizon.net if you need more explicit help.

Steve Swartz

(you have opened the rear sight wide enough so that you have run out of windage adjustment. This is easily restored by moving the assembly in the desired direction along the central threaded rod.)
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Thank you Steve. I'm off to try this later and if indeed I need more explicit instructions (I'm below average when it comes to technical things like this) I'll email as suggested.