Velocity adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
10 METER

Velocity adjustment

Post by 10 METER »

Is there a way to adjust the amount of air expelled each shot (to change the velocity) of Walther LPM 1. My pellets are tearing the target and not making round holes. I suspect low velocity until I prove it on chronograph (I need to borrow).
Thanks
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

I don't think so with a spring-type gun, unless the piston seal is defective and can be changed.
Maybe it's the targets. What brand of targets are you using?
Paul
Tony C.

Velocity Adjustment

Post by Tony C. »

Walther LPM 1 is a single stroke pneumatic air pistol, I don't think there is a adjustment screw like some compress air gun for velocity control. instead, the velocity is product of how much air is compress into the compression chamber and the condition of the seals

If the seal on the compression piston is wore out and if air is leaking out of the compression chamber before trigger is released, low velocity will result.

Check the condition of the items mentioned above, clean, ligthtly lubricate or replace them if required, however the LPM 1 is not a pistol able to shoot into 500+ ft/sec, due to the limitation of the short compression lever, one belong to a fellow club member in excellent condition usually shot 420ft/sec or so, check the velocity, if its in the low 400 ft/sec ballpark, I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

If your pistol turn out to be OK, you can switch to a lighter pellet; use better quality targets; or place a piece of card board with the center cut out behind the target to give it more support for a clean cut shot hole.

Tony
10 METER

Post by 10 METER »

the target paper feels a little bit thinner than the one we were using before. Canada target is written on the paper. I tried the edelmann and the national target paper and i get cleaner holes.
Ill also try Tonys suggestion of using lighter pellet
Thanks
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Sorry, Must have had a "senior moment"
Paul